Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

I'm New!!!

Pages: 1 2 replies

Aloha!
I'm new here and I'm a recent midwest transplant. I lived in San Diego, Ca all 26 years of my life and I now live in West Lafayette, IN where I'm attending Purdue University to get my PhD!

I mostly into collecting tiki mugs, I have a small collection (on ooga-mooga), but I'm young and inexperienced. I think I got started with the mugs, because of my love for art (low-brow, pop modern, etc.); I love SHAG's work and I have the Disneyland "one enchanted evening" serigraph and a sketch from him. I have lots of other artwork (including some tiki) so if you're interested I'd be more than happy to share it.

I've never been to an event and that's pretty bad considering I lived in San Diego, but I'm new to this and really never knew where to look; trust me I was sad when SHAG was in SD a couple years ago, but I have met him a couple times since. I'm not anti- social either... I just don't know what the events are like and what the culture entails; all I know is I like Tikis!
-Russ

Welcome aboard Luckytiki.
Aloha,
:tiki:

D

Welcome lucky. Please do post your art ( many place on this site to do so). As for attending events just go and say hello to people this is a laid back ohana and you will find that most people are easy going, open, and friendly. Welcome to TC.

Pages: 1 2 replies