Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Beachcomber lamp & wall mask by gecko

Pages: 1 16 replies

G
GECKO posted on Sun, Jan 12, 2003 7:53 PM

Due to more DAM delays on my web page, I will have to sell a few more times on ebay untill we figure out how to fix a glitch. I don't have a prob with selling on ebay or anything I just wanted to be up by this month. There is nothing fancy or special about my home page(as u will see) that's making it go real slow. It might be the music...guess I'll have to take brudda IZ tunes off da front page.

These will be on ebay real soon. both items come signed. the lamp signed on top.

I wanted to start a new line of gecko decor. I made a few lamps for just some friends and they really liked them an wanted for me to start my own line in the beachcomber lamps. I see they have been popular on TC as well so, here's the first one available to the public. I'll post them on ebay in a few days.

the lamp has a starfish mounted to the bottom. I put a little glass fish float onto the star fish too.

the cook island mask is 1ft 8in tall by 1ft 6inches wide. hand painted & carved from kokonut trunk.

mask & the lamp on the left

the bottom of the lamp

so you can see the actuall size of the lamp

Aloha peopo

HH

I like da lamp, you gon sell em on da website too? eh' when you coming to da mainland I like get my fish tank already. I going back to cali in march but wheneva you say you go, I gon be der. no rush just messin, i jus when see wun on ebay today an when make me tink bout dat.

Gecko,
Is that really you? Doesn't sound like you - no Pidgin...

HH

he when get haole-fied, happens when you live on da mainland tooo long.
da brahda hi maka maka now, get his own website.

im just a little hawaiian, and a home sick island boy, I wanna go back to my fish and poi...

[ Edited by: hula hula on 2003-01-12 21:28 ]

Pretty damned cool stuff, Geck. I'd trust you in my foxhole any day...

G

ya ya ya wat evas! dis mo betta fo u Mr.Poly Pop...braddah tink he wen know evryting bout tiki mugs...blah blah blah. Time fo u kick rocks brah(get lost). just joke.

Hula Hula, da rattan fish tank jus wen go up $200 in price fo da Haole-fied comment ya! u still laughing!!?!
just talkin'funny fellas! no get serious..

No, I wen rote da kine fo da Haole-nesian bradda & sistas(braddah boobam Ben).
I tink get tree o four peopo on TC frum da islands ya? Poly, Hula, chefGrey, me, oh ya get da wun frum Tahiti an da kine by Melanesia. Eh Chiki, you one local boy?

Ho, I even wen spelt pigin da propa way in sum treads....I probubly miss spelled it dat way too....me no care.

Bk, dats one Haole-nesian bradda dat can carve. what kine wood is dat on da tiki you carvin now? cannot be palm ya.

ke I Pau already we talk story bum bai(later)

Aloooooha

Now THAT's the Gecko I know...welcome back! :)

auw-iee.
Gecko, don't forget your cuz KailuaGeoff.

Nice lamp Gecko. I dig the wrapped rope on the top and on the bamboo. I will never get my lamp done with all you posting up your finished lamps. Each one I see gives me a new idea for mine and I go back to the drawing board. How are you guys getting your cloth so cleanly wrapped and glued at the top and bottom. I think that has got to be one of the tricky parts.
Cheers,
Chongolio

Hey Gecko, no I'm not a local island boy, maybe in a past life though, cause the first time I carved a tiki, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I freak myself out sometimes. I have a feeling that if I go to your island, I'm not going to want to leave.

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Jan 13, 2003 1:03 PM

Bradda "Kailua G", auw-iee!! my bad KG! For dat you owe me one drink at da mai kai! no, I get you one.

Bradda Chongolio, make sure yu wen post da pic wen you wen finish da lamp....give me ideas too!

Bradda Chiki, ey yu neva know cuz!?! can be.
or can be da good ol man upstairs ya!

Aloha

Hey brudda Gecko, if you gone make da Mai Kai I get you da Mystery Drink on fire for to split wit your Wahine and mine. Dat one is da number one bes drink, yah. Be sure you let me know if you need a ride bro.

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Jan 13, 2003 2:38 PM

KG, dont tink da wahine comming. jus myself.
ey can you email me da phone #s I need to call for booking a romm and a seat at da show and which show. I know get treads on all dis info but i cannot remember where. I gotta try one mystery drink with you guys....maybe two!

Aloha

Gecko,
Here you go:

The Hukilau is Friday, June 27 & Saturday, the 28th in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. You can fly into Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Miami is about an hour from the hotel.

There is going to be a party on Friday night, the 27th, at the Ft. Lauderdale Holiday Inn hotel, so be sure to stay there.

Hotel phone 954-563-5961 or 1-800-HOLIDAY

The $79 rate at the hotel is good before and after the event too. Tell them you are with the Hukilau.

Also, call the Mai Kai now and reserve your dinner show ticket for the 5:30 pm seating on Saturday June 28th. Tell the restaurant you are with the Hukilau as well.

Mai Kai phone 954-563-3272 ext. 1

If you like sit with us, tell them to add you to the Sundstrom party (that's me and my wahine). We'll probably drive down from Orlando Thursday night or early Friday morning, just let me know when you plan to fly in. We'll probably head home on Sunday, but I'm sure others will be staying longer that you can hang out with if you like.

Too bad about your wahine. She gonna be mad at you, brah.

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2003-01-21 12:58 ]

G

da wahine jus wen posted da lamp on ebay peopo if u need a lamp.

Mahaloz

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=2154384904&rd=1

The Hulilau is in June not July. A copy off of the wab page.

http://www.hukilau-atlanta.com/

For those who want to get a jump on it and secure your room at the host hotel and a seat at the Mai Kai dinner show, here are the important details. Dates: June 27th and 28th. Hotel: Holiday Inn Oceanfront, Fort Lauderdale Beach. We have a room rate of $79 a night

Power-o-da-tiki,
Thanks for correcting the month of the Hukilau. I changed the month in my post as well.

Pages: 1 16 replies