Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New SHAG mugs in the future?

Pages: 1 2 73 replies

Sorry if I maybe got someones hopes up that I was hinting at something...

but I was just wondering if anyone thinks Josh will design more mugs in the future? I realize that pretty much anything that is said would be pure speculation, but I would like to hear what people think.

And I don't mean mugs like the Pink Panther ones; those don't interest me. Hopefully he'll do more like the Tiki farm sets of 5 or 3 or single ones like the Wahaku warrior.

As a side note is $500 fair for a matching #'s set of the SHAG tiki farm 5 (2nd glaze version)?

mahalo in advance

I talked with him about that at Tiki Art now 3 and he does have some mugs coming, Monkey related I believe...
Makedamug should have the details.

T

""I realize that pretty much anything that is said would be pure speculation, but I would like to hear what people think."-Luckytiki

If there is money to be made, there will be more mugs made from Shag. So that's a yes.

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:17 ]

Here's a sneak peak of the S&P set as well as the back panel of the box.

T

One tiki on the left looks familiar. I couldn't find it, but doesn't Bosko have a tiki like that or am I thinking on a Shag print with that tiki?

T

Oh, by the way, I need those. Will be looking to buy

MakeDaMug, it must to cool to be a source to info that many tiki heades are interested in. You are always laying down these polished pics at the right moments.

Wow thanks for the info! Those look great... any idea on price for the S&P and the other mugs?

After I get the final price on the packaging, I'll have a better idea but for now, the S&P set will retail somewhere in the $13.95 range. Shagmart is selling/pricing the mugs - not sure on those.

We want those too! Salt and Peppers are great. Your tape should be in your hands soon, let me know what you think, Wendy

i picked up those shakers at freaky boutiki in san diego last weekrnd. very cool!

L

On 2007-02-28 22:10, kingstiedye wrote:
i picked up those shakers at freaky boutiki in san diego last weekrnd. very cool!

Another reason that I'm so mad at myself... I lived in San Diego up until 8 weeks ago and never knew about these places... my girlfriend still lives in SD, maybe I can beg her to go get those for me!

king did they have any other SHAG items or mugs worth grabbing?

Also I'm openly looking to buy SHAG mugs now... should I post that in this forum and where? I know there's a few on ooga-mooga FS but personally I think they're a little overpriced. I'm hoping there's a few unwanted mugs :)

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:22 ]

L

On 2007-03-01 12:02, BlackFish wrote:
Hey lucky. I've got some unwanted Shag mugs at my house. By me anyway. My wife collects Shag mugs.
We would have to make it look like a break-in. And the only thing they take is her stuff.
Just kidding with ya man. And hoping your lucky in your search. You will get them. It just takes time.
My wife has been collecting the Shag mugs for just over a year or so and only needs the Short Ratonga Blue
and the Tunga-Toa Green to complete her collection. Here is a shot of her Shag thing in progress.

Hahaha if you ever want to stage that "break-in" let me know :wink: that's a great collection especially since it's been obtained a short amount of time...I'm really jealous!

the mugs will be based on the print "Drunken Cleric"!

TT

what is something like the green tunga toa worth?

TT

?

M

I picked up a set of the Shag S&P's at Beach Bumbz here on Maui. Very nice! Does anyone know when the new Shag mugs will hit Shagmart?

Hi all, was just wondering if there was any info on the Shag Monku & Apohu Mugs?? I thought Shagmart was going to release these, just wondering if anyone know...
thanks

M

BeachBumz,

I saw samples of those mugs when I visited Tiki Farm nearly a year ago. I'm not sure what the hold up is. I guess we just need to keep watching the shagmart site.

These?

That be them!!

T

As Shakespeare wrote, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." I fear that is the case here.

On 2008-09-29 18:08, tikigreg wrote:
As Shakespeare wrote, "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." I fear that is the case here.

Not Shakespeare but Robert Burns the Scottish Bard, who wrote..

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft a-gley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain
For promis'd joy."

T

Looks like I was napping when we covered that chapter in Brit Lit!

But more to the point, I was hoping Holden would chime in to let all know the fate of the mugs. When last we spoke in June, the mugs turned out to be unacceptable, so the project has been scrapped.

There, I said it.

Hey All,

Does anyone know why the prototype is two-tone? Is there a function to that during the glazing or is that the actual colors of the mug, because it looks pretty sweet two-tone.

holden had these 2 mugs with him sunday at swantiki. they weren't half and half, but light green with a darker green brushed over them. the half and half pic is photoshopped.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-09-30 14:38 ]

Thanks kingstiedye... It's all coming together now..:wink: Holden is Hold-en out these babies for his own personal use, check out the bottom Pic of this thread..

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=29011&forum=17&start=45

There in Disguise alright..:0

aloha

[ Edited by: beachbumz 2008-09-30 17:22 ]

These?

:D

TT

There are more than 2.........

The Drunken Cleric and the two mugs were released as a set(and sold out) today.

[ Edited by: Gromit_Fan 2010-06-14 13:06 ]

Got that email a couple days ago, just couldn't shell out 300 bones at this time... Saving up for OasiS now... Nice looking set though...

T

On 2010-06-14 12:59, Gromit_Fan wrote:
The Drunken Cleric and the two mugs were released as a set(and sold out) today.

[ Edited by: Gromit_Fan 2010-06-14 13:06 ]

Why haven't these made it to Ooga Mooga?

T

Doesn't answer your question about OM, but two weeks ago those mugs were on ebay separately. Seller only wanted the art. They were buy it now at approx. $100 each or auction started there; can't remember which. Didn't check to see who bought them.

T

Thanks, It does kind of answer my question. I found them for sale and wanted to see the going price.

New Shag Mugs on sale 6pm pacific time at Tikifarm.com Today!!!

Nice

M

Just ordered mine!

Ditto!!!!!

Sold out by 6:13pm (prolly earlier). Denied.

DAMN! I accessed the page right at 8 PM (6 PM Pacific) and I kept refreshing my page, but it would not give me the active BUY NOW button, shortly after (and it seems like it was well before 8:13 PM) these mugs were sold out! CRAP!!!

The next time I see one of these exclusive sales, I will not interrupt band practice for it. I'll just assume the next limited edition will sell out before I can access it, too.

I really wanted the mugs and especially the print!!! Josh Rocks!

I tried to get me some Shag Mugs also at 6pm PDT only got errors then went to soldout!
ATP Smash!

M

My screen refreshed right at 6pm and gave me the Buy it now button to the left of the original non-active position. I imagine they had an overload of people hitting the site, but it should have refreshed with the refresh button. Check your browser settings, some browsers refresh better than others. Some try to keep the old info because it loads faster once it's in the memory (cache). I guess this doesn't help now that they've sold out.

I was able to add to my cart,but checking out was where I hit the problems.

S

I forgot all about it but don't really care. You know that most people would have bought two sets and they'll be up on eBay within a few days. I still won't be interested.

[ Edited by: swizzle 2010-09-15 20:39 ]

On 2010-09-15 20:37, swizzle wrote:
I forgot all about it but don't really care. You know that most people would have bought two sets and they'll be up on eBay within a few days. I still won't be interested.

[ Edited by: swizzle 2010-09-15 20:39 ]

Well, there you go...your lack of interest is duly noted. Glad that you didn't miss anything Swizzle.

Been waiting for years for the new Tiki Farm Shags to roll out. Was on my computer at 5:50. Refreshed the page and bought a set immediately once it became available. Got through the order process and rec'd a confirmation e-mail from Tiki-Farm at 6:04. Was happy as hell.

Now today I got an e-mail from Tiki Farm that said that my order was placed after they had sold out - so no new Shag mugs. I have been on an economy imposed tiki mug buying hiatus for a couple of years. I explained to my wife that these mugs were "different" and got her blessing. SO, you could understand my excitement in getting a set. Alas - I don't think it was meant to be. Thanks Tiki Farm for ruining my day!

Pages: 1 2 73 replies