Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Radio Bamboo- My first podcast!

Pages: 1 18 replies

B
Brent posted on Thu, Mar 1, 2007 8:44 PM

Aloha all, I'm still relatively new (2+ years) as a tikiphile and decided, like many before me, to launch a podcast. I'm playing Exotica along with classic and new lounge. I'm still expanding my catalog of music, so if you have any recommendations, or you'd like to plug your own own band let me know :) I figured this would be a great way to discover new music and share what I find.

Also an open invite to all who have home tiki bars, if you send me your pics I'll post them with credits on my site...Nothing big, I know, just my way of saying thanks for the inspiration.

You can find me on iTunes: Radio Bamboo or my site: http://www.radiobamboo.com

Thanks!
-Brent

RB

Looks cool...can't wait to check it out tonight! And I see you're from Portland...let's meet up sometime at Thatch.

S
seamus posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 9:39 AM

Yeah, another Portlander! Welcome !!
There just happens to be a Portland Tikiphile happy hour gathering at Thatch tonite!

See you there?

Just finished lisstenin' to your first podcast. Nicely done, it was sweet collection of classic and contemporary lounge tunes. Everything sounded very pro. I am sure they will keep getting better and better, Two monkey monkey Thumbs up.

Chongolio

D

Brent,
VERY NICE! I'm listening to the podcast as I write this. Your site is very nice looking, love the photos! Great job!

G

Alooooha! Listening to your first podcast now. Sounds great so far. Can't go wrong with classic exotica...

B
Brent posted on Sat, Mar 3, 2007 6:02 PM

Thank you all for such a warm tiki greeting!
Seamus- Sorry we missed you last night at Thatch. Me, the Mrs, and couple of friends will probably be there next Friday to scope things out for my 40th B-Day bash....Now I'm feelin old.

To all who have grabbed the Radio Bamboo feed, stay tuned for The Agents of Voodoo and TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA in Podcast 2.

Aloha-
-Brent

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Mar 8, 2007 4:53 PM

Brent, be sure to mention your podcast here as well.

Brent - Great job on your 1st run. The audio quality was excellent and the tune selection had a nice variety. The only creative criticism would be track arrangement. The couple "down-tempo" tunes seemed a little forced between the exotica stuff.

Since I dont have two furry monkey thumbs like my pal Chongolio, I'll give two hairless human thumbs up.

Dave

[ Edited by: daves not home 2007-03-10 10:42 ]

Workin' into the wee hours on a gig and took Radio Bamboo for a test drive around the Island. Superb debut, we'll be tuning in again, and the Demented Menehunes will be posting your link at "YoYo Island's Links Lagoon" this coming week. I swear, the sound of a coconut ukulele drives me wild...

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

B

Thanks again for all the great support and feedback! Kenike, I have to agree, the down-tempo feels like it needs it's own show rather than mixed in, and Son-of-Kelbo, thanks for the support on your site! I'm looking forward to getting #2 out the door...Dark Jungle Journeys, I'll be featuring music from The Agents of Voodoo, and Tikiyaki Orchestra.

Thanks again everyone!
-Brent

The Demented Menehunes on YoYo Island can't wait for the next Radio Bamboo 'cast. (They're tired of the Tradin' Post radio's hazy reception...)

Glad to include your banner here at the island's Links Lagoon, and looking forward to hearing what you have in store next time. (Hope there's a coconut ukulele in there somewhere...) Don't make us wait too long, and how 'bout a word about how your fans can get on the mailing list so we know when you've got the mast up again?

Cheers and aloha!
SOK

B

Hello everyone, I just posted podcast 2 this afternoon. Sorry it was a few days later than expected but I was called out of town on business. I want to send a big thanks to Agents of Voodoo and Tikiyaki Orchestra for contributing music. Per many requests, I also added a subscription service to radiobamboo.com

Enjoy!
-Brent

T

I just listened to your second show. It's amazing! Keep up the great work!

T

Awesome !

Aloha Brent and RadioBamboo,

Another superbly smooth and urbanely exciting podcast -- Bravo. (And thanks for the nod, we're honored to be mentioned.) Your playlist sets just the right mood for a sensual evening of adventurous exotica, and both of your 'casts dovetail like a well-mixed libation.

All we can ask for now -- is more RadioBamboo. Hope we won't have to wait too long, we're already getting ready to warm up the 'Que for our first Spring luau, and we couldn't prefer a better soundtrack during our next island soiree...

Cheers and aloha,
SOK

http://www.yoyoisland.com

Oh YEAH!
That's one of the best pod casts around baby! I looove the mix of some of the modern sounds in with such tasty classics! Real nice! Only one problem... There's only two pod casts so far! Can't wait for more!
Please keep up the awesome work! Perfect music to make tiki art to! Very nice indeed!
Big aloha from the volcanic Big Island!

Bump.

I sure wish this great podcast/show was still producing episodes. I'm gonna PM "Brent" and "Bamboo" to see if I get a response.

So glad I saved all six episodes, they are (were) a nice mix of classic and modern exotica well suited for casual listening.

FM

I know Brent, though I haven't spoken to him in about a year. I'm not sure he checks the forums anymore but I'll let him know there's interest.

• fm

Pages: 1 18 replies