Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How much do you got into it { Tiki } ?

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Ok kids, let's count it up .....

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 5:50 PM

I'm pretty poor and tiki as a whole, is the most expensive purchase i've ever made. Meaning more then the car I drive (or all the cars that I have) Ok, I still drive the same car that I drove at 16 and probably could get another ten years out of her.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-03-02 18:46 ]

All told, a lot less than what one Ren Clark severed head goes for on the 'bay. (Am I understanding the question correctly?).

TD

I am very much in the black.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2007 6:06 PM

Not much actual money, but a LOT of time for art for swaps and the like :)

T

I have more into it than my first car which was a 1992 Toyota Tercel and much less than my current car the Suba-Stinky-Ru!

T

If you count trips to Hawaii in the mix I'd say about enough to buy a used Miata. If not...probably about as much as you could get for a 1993 Dodge Caravan without Air Conditioning.

TT

Oh horrors, we work for tikis. We spend more on tikis each month than for food, gas and utilites. As long as we keep going like this we can never retire without having a huge year long tiki sale. Dan calls it a curse, I call it a joy! Wendy

How much do you got into it { Tiki } ?

Does the bus stop at life?

T

The bus stops on the corner of Life & Salvation .... Are you with me Rev.

Do you know if the bus stops at Santa Anita ? [i got a live one ]!!!!!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Mar 3, 2007 9:06 AM

TikiLaLe
Your thread, what is your answer to the question?

K

more than my 1971 porsche is now worth, a few times over...ugh!

:D if it puts a smile on your face....

TM

$23.67

A hundred bucks, maybe. But I just started a year or so ago.

SS

If I didn't exist, I think Oceanic Arts in Whittier would go out of business!

5446 posted on Wed, Mar 7, 2007 4:53 AM

I have a few thousand dollars worth pending for a bunch of tikis as we speak, but up until then maybe a few hundred dollars. After spending some time on this forum, I realize I'm not hard core collectors like some of you...I just like what I like. If you count the the backyard makeover I've been doing since two years ago trying to recreate paradise, then I'm well over budget!!!!

T

As for me, ask Holden and Stuckie. They probably have a better idea then I do.

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Mar 7, 2007 6:47 AM

I.....am ashamed.

T

Probably less than $300 or maybe right at it. Boozing keeps me way too poor to spend much on Tiki! :wink:

Pages: 1 18 replies