Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Wanted: SHAG tiki mugs

Pages: 1 2 replies

L

Hello,
I'm trying to build my collection up and I'm looking for SHAG mugs. I would also be interested in munktiki, older tiki farm, or unwanted event mugs.

I don't have much to trade so I'm looking to buy.

I've tried ooga-mooga, but I haven't had much luck, so I thought I would expand my search a little.

mahalo!

M

Ebay is where you will find everything you are looking for. If you can't find it on peoples trade list or for sale on Ooga-Mooga, eBay is about your only option. I sure have never seen MunkTiki or Shag Mugs in a thrift store.

What i do (and it doesn't work very well or I wouldn't be telling you) is try to find mugs mislabeled on eBay as cups or totems. Buy rare or valuable mugs cheap, then trade them for what you really want. I see people like Capt. Midnight bid low and early on rare mugs. Most often he gets out bid but I'm sure he gets great deals too, often because the mug was listed during Grey's Anatomy and people weren't available to place their last minute bid.

It's hard to start now when many of the cool Shag and Munktiki mugs have been sold out for years. I got in on the second set of Shag Mugs. New they were only $35 each, now I could sell them and buy a new car (well maybe a used car).

Here is something to consider... There are so many cool new mugs available (like my Maui Tiki mugs, only $13.95) that many of the peole who have been collection for years are missing out on, just because they are overwhelmed and can't keep up. If I were starting out now, I'd buy the Bamboozer Mug (see the ad at the top of the page) and other new inexpensive mugs that I thought were cool.

start out with inexpensive mugs, then as your collection grows you will learn what mugs are worth and know when you are getting a deal. You'll see the value of your mugs increase as the new mugs sell out. Soon people will want to trade their vintage mugs with you for newer mugs they missed out on.

Good Luck, and don't be too serious...Mug collecting is fun!

hey lucky i've seen some shag mugs on ooga mooga, a little pricey but not too crazy,most of them go for big money on ebay, i've found in my experience you got to be ready to pay for the mugs if you want them,know what they are worth and don't go over. it seems like the mugs just keep coming on ebay,so there will be another one tomorrow.too many people after the same mugs, seems everyone wants the same ones i do. oh well good luck , from right close to you in lafayette

Pages: 1 2 replies