Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

anyone from Kentucky?

Pages: 1 9 replies

WE are here in the west end of Ky. Anyone in the Bluegrass state?

D
Dan posted on Sun, Mar 4, 2007 2:42 PM

Well normally I live in Lexington. I am currently away in SW Asia, but will return around August. It is pretty tiki dry in Lex but there is a Chinese place that has a pretty good drink menu and nice mugs.

Thanks for the reply Dan. We know all about no Tiki in Ky. Anyway we do our own thing over here in the west end. Safe Travels to you.

I live in Northern KY across from Cincinnati.

I know a Guy up in Covington you near there?

Yeah, I'm in Newport which is adjacent to Covington.

TZ

Glad to hear from a fellow Kentuckian. We are south of you, in Bowling Green.

Preparing to build a Polynesian-inspired tiki hut in the back yard - went to see about a building permit yesterday - told the clerk at the building inspector's office that I needed a building permit for a tiki hut. She looked at me with a blank expression. "A tiki hut? We don't have a form for that." We eventually decided that I was building a "picnic shelter."

S

I am going to try to coordinate a get together at the Omni Hut in Smyrna, just south of Nashville soon. I know it's not exactly close. It's 3.5 hours away for me too. But maybe you KY folks can make the trip.

Look for it in the Events section here on TC.

sounds good, we are just 2 hours from Nashville. Will keep an eye on the events forum.

S

It's there. I talked to Polly this weekend and she is fine with it. I am looking way out to September. I know that is a long way away, but it gets the word around and it helps the Omni Hut by us coming in during their slow season. Having 10-20 folks show up during their busy season is harder to get her to say yes to. Hopefully James Teitelbaum will be able to come down and join us. We'll beat the bushes and see who else shows up.

Pages: 1 9 replies