Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Clearmans Village Is Gone

Pages: 1 2 replies

The whole thing boat and all is one big demolition site. The Restaraunt is still there, but the whole village is gone. I'd heard they had been trying to get rid of it for awhile. Another roadside attraction bites the dust.

Yeah........I was driving past there the other day, and I looked and saw a blank spot. The boat was gone! I thought the restaurant right next to the boat was gone too.

I visited the boat restaurant about twenty years ago...or was it longer? The place had been there for quite some time, since the late 60's at least. Sad to see this go away.

The other restaurant, the fake-snow-covered North Woods Inn (owned by the same company apparently) is still there. That one's not closing. More news here.

http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/Kohlsfactsheet.html

T
thejab posted on Mon, Mar 5, 2007 4:34 PM

I ate at Clearman's Galley several years ago. We had huge burgers, cheese bread, red cabbage slaw, and huge mugs of beer. I suffered all night with food poisoning. I don't think overeating could make me that sick. I'll spare you the details.

Still, it's sad to hear it's gone. I enjoyed visiting all the shops when we were there.

I need to get out to Clearman's Steak and Stein in Pico Rivera while it's still open.

Pages: 1 2 replies