Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

inherited a bunch of tiki stuff: please advise

Pages: 1 4 replies

hello,
i'm hoping someone can offer me some advice.
i recently inherited a few boxes of tiki stuff -- mostly mugs, but there are a few pieces of ephemera, bar ware, and masks. it's all really cool but i don't have the space for it. i'm wondering what my best options for selling it off would be.
i haven't sorted through everything but there are some munktiki mugs (4 or 5), some very interesting small handled westwood mugs, and a fair amount of trader vic's mugs.
any helpful pointers would be very welcome.

thanks much.

T

Aloha,

The quickest way to part with these items is to post pics here, or at least item descriptions and condition. Most of what you have would probably be purchased by a member of this forum.

Your other option would be to list them on ebay, which takes more time and effort.

D

oooh seattle ~ thats where i live!

you could have a small yard sale ~ i'm sure the 15 or so local tiki centrals would love to see what you have! if there's some hawaiiana in there, i know a few local collectors too!

(The requisite smartass answer):

Well, the quickest and simplest way is to send 'em all to me:

Formikahini
123 Sellmeyourtikis Ave.
Houston, TX

Yeah, I say post some picks and wade through the offers. All the eBay heavy hitters read here anyway - save yourself the trouble of eBaying 'em. If they have many postings and more than a few months here on TC, I'd not be afraid of being stiffed.

Good luck!
But make sure you don't want to keep 'em yourself - you might grow to like/treasure them like we do.

Addendum:
And if some nice enough offers come in from Seattle folks, have 'em swing by and pick up the item and save yourself the postage trouble. But the yard sale idea is possible too. Depends on if you want to get top dollar or get them out of your hair.

F

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2007-03-04 16:56 ]

thanks for all the helpful advice.

i'll get it together this week and put some photos up. as cool as i think this stuff is, i am trying to streamline and could also use the cash. most of all, people in this forum would appreciate them far more than i would. may as well make someone happy, y'know?

thanks again!

Pages: 1 4 replies