Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki/Poly Pop in Hemet, Ca?

Pages: 1 1 replies

While up in Hemet to help some friends empty a storage space, we passed a building with a touch of A-Frame in the design & a Hut-shaped outbuilding and a sign reading "Aloha Village." With a little bit of searching I found that the main building is the Aloha Village Insurance Services, and the Hut-shaped outbuilding is currently the Hemet offices for Orange Coast Title. The buildings seem to be collocated at 629 E. Florida Ave., Hemet, CA 92543.

Some Aloha Village Insurance photos from their website:

From the look of the sign I'd think that Aloha Village came first, and that it was turned into the Insurance Agency sometime after 1978 (when the Insurance Agency was founded). I didn't see any other Poly Pop influences outside of the architecture & name.

Anyone have any other info about any previous incarnations of Aloha Village, Hemet, Ca?

Nope, but I have noticed that building on many trips through Hemet. But I have always sensed that there was more to the fact that there is a FLORIDA street ( its that Tiki Gardens, Mai Kai thing on my radar), and the Aloha Village. And there was until very recently a Nautical themed bar on the same road further towards Idylwilde. It just recently changed themes.

But I bet somewhere there is a tiki house or apartment complex hiding.

[ Edited by: TikiGardener 2007-03-06 22:20 ]

Pages: 1 1 replies