Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Ceramic Tile - Disneyland Connection

Pages: 1 8 replies

B

Mrs. Fury found this cool unused 12" X 12" tile. It is marked "Contours CV" By Interpace.

The pattern is very deep so it must be a decorative wall tile. When doing a search on Interpace I found an interesting article about Interpace, Mary Blair, and Disneyland.
http://cathyofcalifornia.typepad.com/cathy_of_california/2007/02/mary_blair_tomo.html

We had a hard time locating a tapa pattern tile for our bartop, but then found these locally (4"X4") last year.

Them's is nice!
Aloha,
:tiki:

T

classy

T

These tiles were used on the exterior of a Sears in Santa Barbara.

Sears, La Cumbre Plaza, Santa Barbara, CA

Thanks Kate...I will have to go by Sears the next time we are in Santa Barbara. I think there is a Chuck's Steakhouse nearby too.

Cool tiles! I think I have a better appreciation of the style now than I did when I was younger. Also more of an appreciation of Mary Blair's work.

N
Naneki posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 7:45 AM

On 2007-03-06 21:51, bongofury wrote:
Mrs. Fury found this cool unused 12" X 12" tile. It is marked "Contours CV" By Interpace.

The pattern is very deep so it must be a decorative wall tile.

This weekend I found a turquoise version of this tile. It looked familiar but I couldn't place it. I never went to Sear's that many times during my 25 years in Santa Barbara. But I guess I went enough times that the image was somewhere in the recesses of my brain.

Are these tiles just floating around Ventura County or are others seeing them?

More of those tiles can be found here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34093&forum=1&1

They are very distinct. Too bad you can't find any like them nowadays!

PTD

N
Naneki posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 2:09 PM

The brown is great, but the turquoise version is even better.

Pages: 1 8 replies