Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Jack / Thee Islander Tiki Mug Set

Pages: 1 9 replies

GT

Any Info:

T

Trader Jack was the Shonfeld of the 70s

That looks to be Westwood to me and I did a check on the mooga and found this: http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/pictures.cgi?mode=view&pic_id=399&mug_id=1198&ind_mug_id=
I hope that helps.

GT

Thanks For the Info: I figured these mugs where not from The Islander (Hence called Thee Islander), These Items where never removed from the origainal box, so I think I will build a shadow box and hang it as a wall art! I'll submit a picture when it's done Gogo

That's an awesome find.

Are there any stickers or markings on the bottoms of the cups?

GT

I'm affraid to take them out of the orignal package, they are sort of set into the napkins, I think I'll just leave well alone! but I agree with "sporkboyofjustice post" they are westwood. I found a cool shadow box on e-bay so the whole set will slid right in and be hanging on the wall soon :) behind glass and enclosed in a nice wood box, I'll take a picture and post when done! Thanks for the info: sporkboyofjustice, FYI: I'll be posting my next new tiki mug on (creating tiki) soon, It's turning out awesome, will have it on e-bay at the end of the month, Aloha! Gogo (Go Tiki)

I agree GT...that lil display with the napkins looks pretty cool. I'd leave 'em as well.

GT

Found a great shadow box, just a little stain and maybe some bamboo trim.

8T

So I found this set which is in the same style as the mug set above.

One of the stranger finds I have made:

Box Lid

Inside Box

Small Tag inside box
Made by Quon-Quon, So this is the origin of these marble-eyed lanterns!

Also placed this in Tiki Finds

T

'member dis?

Pages: 1 9 replies