Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Not a Tiki Location?

Pages: 1 1 replies

S

I know it's not a tiki place, but I figured that a "rum-themed specialty bar" would be of interest to Tiki Central members. But would this place belong in the "Locating Tiki" forum? Would it belong if they made a good Mai Tai?

Being a rum lover I hope to make a trip in the near future...

RumBa - Rum & Champagne Lounge at the Intercontinental Hotel

RumBa - Rum & Champagne Lounge Logo InterContinental Boston's Rumba is a rum-themed specialty bar celebrating Boston's historic rum trade. Capitalizing on Boston's rich, rum history which established the region as a prominent economic force in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, Rumba pays tribute to a by-gone era.

The pewter bar displays an exclusive collection of vintage rums showcased on recessed shelves with back lighting to reflect its warm and inviting colors. Rumba features a cut block mesquite wood floor, a Venetian plaster ceiling, and two plasma screen TV's.

At the Intercontinental Hotel:
http://www.intercontinentalboston.com/dining/

There's a new Rum Bar opening at the Langham Hotel here in London, a couple of Mill' is being dropped on the refit and one of our best bar guys is running it so I reckon the Mai tais could be good.

Pages: 1 1 replies