Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New site: junkyardclubhouse.com

Pages: 1 3 replies

Humuhumu and I have created a new website you might like: Junkyard Clubhouse. It's our place to post about random, goofy stuff that doesn't fit in our other blogs. Here's a sampling of a few posts:

Ungabaga!Snack Bar!
Colonel Sanders Nightmare Tattoo
Tripping the Pickle Fantastic
Hobo Soup
Luie Luie Will Pierce Your Innermost With His Pearly Trumpet

If any of that interests you, be sure to check out the rest of the site, because there's more where that came from!

~Hanford & Humu

CL

Cool site. Me likes! One request, add GUMBY!

Just wondering...it's probably on TC somewhere, but is there a replica of the House of the Future somewhere? Open for tours... :D Seeing that the original was demolished.

H

Glad you like it, Coco Loco! No Gumby at this point, but I did just add Uncle O'Grimacey, in honor of St. Patrick's Day:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day from JYC!

H

This was my favorite restaurant when I was a kid: Sea Galley. It had no tikis, but as you can possibly guess from that picture (assuming you can look past the dancing crab-chefs -- probably not a fair assumption), it was pretty heavily nautically themed, and it planted a sturdy seed that strongly influenced my eventual love of tiki bars. I just found a Sea Galley commercial on YouTube, and posted my memories of Sea Galley to Junkyard Clubhouse. Check it out!

We've Got Crab Legs! Sea Galley!

Pages: 1 3 replies