Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

selling Hand-Built Tiki mug

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Its got the most beautiful inside of any mug. Its got hand crafted work inside and at the bottom with a glaze just like Gecko's water glazes. Don't got a pic of the inside on me but here is that I do have. Asking price is probably a buck twenty. Send a PM if you are interested. Its an "Action Mug" too. Aren't you lucky.

Inside white and blue, outside "Hulk" green, white, and brown/yellow for its picture signature. The mug's signature is of the only surviving ancient Polynesian picture. Signed in black stain on the bottom. If your serious about buying, will show more pics

here a link back to my TC page, same pic at the bottom.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13043&forum=18&start=150

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2007-03-20 11:09 ]

T

Looks like he's doing a 'bong hit' !!!!

H

On 2007-03-14 19:49, TikiLaLe wrote:
Looks like he's doing a 'bong hit' !!!!

Yeah, and it looks like the nostril works as the carburetor.

:music: tiny buuubbblezzz :music: THE MUZICAL!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

T

Close, its the world first and only mug with a entrance from within the mug to an exist going outside and its fully usable to drink from. Probably holds 21oz. I was getting these sprays of smoke out each side just like a raging bull, but it was hard to time the pictures. And still has the best looking inside. Breath taking :) you might say. (Copyrighted)

T

"HOLY SMOKE"

T

have you ever seen a inside like this?

My favorite view. I think the mug looks best from the left and right side.

if you have Meyer's Oceanic art book you will know this picture, if you don't, go get it.

"Action Mug" Detroit Jordan Design

On 2007-03-15 05:25, teaKEY wrote:

Close, its the world first and only mug with a entrance from within the mug to an exist going outside and its fully usable to drink from. (Copyrighted)

I think the British beat you to it. There is a pub puzzle called a puzzle mug which is a more elaborate use of this concept. You actually use the handle (I still count that as part of the mug) as a straw. There are also a lot more holes in a puzzle mug, you've moved the handle to the inside and removed the holes. That may be copyrightable though as there are some distinct differences.

There's a great tutorial on the construction of puzzle mugs at http://www.ceramicstoday.com/articles/puzzle_mug2.htm

T

Interesting, I think mine is still different with the fact that liquid never enters the seperate chamber. The cup you show I think is a out/in and this one is an in/out.

I got to post the red SOLD over the picture this morning. Thats a great feeling and just what I needed today. I got a little down from really wanting to win the T.F. contest. I tried my best but it really was a "out of my hands sort of thing" were I'm going to put more energy into want I can do and control and thats the pottery that I make.

The straw handle is a cool idea, but What would it be like to clean?? :wink:

As legend has it (or as I like to recall it) the puzzle mug would would make an appearance after everyone has already had a few pints. The mug was given to someone and they had to drink from it without getting soaked. There are several holes in the "straw" to plug up to get it to work.

The point is that after a few pints the cleanliness of the vessel probably doesn't come into play too much but it would be darn near impossible to clean.

Pages: 1 9 replies