Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Europeans do CA and NV road trip 23 March - 9 April

Pages: 1 5 replies

We're visiting San Francisco 23-27 March, then down Hwy 1 to LA by 31 March and through Death Valley 2-4 April and across to Las Vegas 4-9 April.

We've had some great tips already from TC in planning our itinerary but if anyone wants to meet up for a tropical drink or drop us some other suggestions, please get in touch! We plan to be at TV Emeryville on Sat 24 March, the Tonga Room happy hour on 26 March, Hula's in Santa Cruz and Bahooka in LA at some point.

And I guess we'll see a few TC'ers round the pool at VLV on Sunday 8 April?

Liz & Chris (and friends)

J

On 2007-03-16 11:28, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
We plan to be at TV Emeryville on Sat 24 March, the Tonga Room happy hour on 26 March, Hula's in Santa Cruz and Bahooka in LA at some point.

Are you seriously NOT planning to see Forbidden Island in Alameda while in the Bay Area?!? This fine tiki establishment should be the first destination on the top of your priority list! Based on the dates you're in town, Sunday afternoon and evening would probably be the best time to see FI in all its glory without the Friday and Saturday night beer crowd. You haven't seen the Bay Area tiki scene until you've seen FI! You should also squeeze in the Conga Lounge in Oakland as long as you're in the East Bay, but they're closed on Sunday and Monday.

We're travelling with an almost-17-year-old, so FI is verboten. Only places with restaurant licence on the schedule... unfair to leave her behind, if we went to FI, as she's a veteran of European tiki where licencing different and would be dead jealous!

H

number 54.....bamp-babamp-bamp.....the house with the bamboo door. SCOTS fan?

That... and we live at #54 ...

S

I'll see ya at the pool in Vegas!
Watch for the Peaster bunny!

and if you are there Thursday afternoon, come on by my lil shindig...
http://www.sweetpearockabilly.com

Pages: 1 5 replies