Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Inside out Hawaiian Shirts?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Does anyone know what the deal is on these inverted Hawaiian shirts where they intentionally made them inside out to mute the design? For me the intention of a Hawaiian shirt is that they’re loud and vulgar, I may have to move the buttons on the inside.

Isn't that the Reyn Spooner "trademark"?

I agree with you, muted is wrong.

They are insideout so that they have the appearnce of being sunbleached like the shirts worn by the locals of Hawaii.

Gosh what's next stonewashed aloha wear?

H

Doesn't Tiki Central have a search function?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13542&forum=5

Right you are Hakalugi! However, with all due respect, that post was like "ancient" history- ---three years ago ( the age of the Pharoahs).
The serious problem of muted color still persists for us in Hawaii today.
I consider the "inside out", or "faded" shirts an insult to our Color Blind (Color challenged) Citizens (known across the U.S. as the CBC). (I am currently the president of our local Honolulu CBC chapter).
Only the lame (physically/mentally/morally challenged) lawyers in downtown Honolulu wear those shirts. To us, they are the "walking Dead".

H

On 2007-03-20 01:32, HelloTiki wrote:
Right you are Hakalugi! However, with all due respect, that post was like "ancient" history...

**Before posting, please use our Search page.

Your post probably fits best in an existing topic instead of a new one. You can click here to post a new topic If you're confident your topic has not already been discussed.

Thank You!**

Not my words. Sometimes Mods are known to merge topics. This would be a prime candidate.

You're right HelloTiki, the topic I referenced was not a new one. But so what. Does this mean that Naugatiki's post was not worthy of being added to it? Or are you suggesting that posts and topics older than three years should perhaps be deleted or just ignored?

If any of you mods feel like doing your job and actually merge this topic with the older one, please feel free to delete this post.

While I'm at it let me add that I'm just a little pissed off today and it has nothing to do with any of you, so please bare with me. (Does that mean let's get naked?)

Naked party? Oh golly gee whillakers!

Pages: 1 7 replies