Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

GMAN, Helz, and pop

Pages: 1 27 replies

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:12:52 ]

T

Wow!!! This looks like a great collaboration so far! Great artwork and great handiwork! Is this where the line forms to ask to purchase one? If so can I get in line?

Tikisgrl

T

Wow those look great! Great carving by G, great ceramic work by Poptiki. Should all add up to a great piece of tiki-art.

TT

[ Edited by: tekoteko 2007-03-18 20:31 ]

H
Helz posted on Sun, Mar 18, 2007 8:28 PM

Just to clarify...I have credit for NONE of the craftsmanship on this. I just talked G into letting us borrow the Biter for a bit to see if we could do something collaboritave. Artists working together, coming up with new stuff, that was my goal...I just brokered the deal.

As far as getting one...we're planning on doing a run of a few in the brown in the semi-near future (might be a few special ones too - we'll see), but we'll post the details about that in the Marketplace. I want to keep this all about the work.

Thanks for looking, and, again, Nice work G and Pop!

M

Nicely done!

GMAN should be proud too!

Mahalo

McTiki

Very well done!

C

Really great! Congrats to all the teem that worked together to make this possible!

Wow! Great job from all those involved. If there is a list somewhere, please make sure I'm on it! :drink:

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Mar 20, 2007 1:51 PM

On 2007-03-18 18:55, poptiki wrote:
The clean up from the one piece mold was a nightmare.

[ Edited by: poptiki 2007-03-18 19:36 ]

I'm hearing you there! I gotta stop being lazy with my moldmaking.
These look really good, it's surprising no-one's tried it before really. Larger ceramic tikis(for the wall)are all the rage over here.
How big are the original and the copies?

T

And just think, the amount of clay used is probably only a couple of pennies worth of material. I'd probably be interested. The ceramic tikis charms at this piont are more rare then bone or jade, (there is just less of them around) That will probably change in a month or two.

Poptiki, You are the tiki energizer bunny! Great work. I am still in love with your village cups.

Andy

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:10:51 ]

"...so if he fell in the Mai Tai you could lick him off safely"

Hhhhhmmmm? Well, G- there ya go...Mai Tai flavored 'Tiki Pops'?? -LICK responsibly, they can 'BITER' back!!! :lol:

SssswwweeeeeetT! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:11:53 ]

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Mar 23, 2007 4:45 AM

"With a tongue like a cow, she'll make you go wow"

-Frank Zappa

:D

-G

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:10:06 ]

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:09:14 ]

P

M

[ Edited by poptiki on 2022-10-12 04:06:25 ]

T

Silver, red (with the white swirls) and the Matte Brown are my favorite. Nice choices.

B

Way Cool! Can't wait to get my Matte Black one.
Super job guyz!

H

Those came out EXCELLENT! most impressive--good job!!!!!

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Apr 22, 2007 5:25 PM

Hey all,

The brown glazed "Biter" pendants are now available over in the Marketplace.

-G

H
Helz posted on Mon, May 7, 2007 2:42 PM

Now that we've kinda hit the end of the run on these...we finally had a chance to do a few for keepers...

FULL SIZE

Thanks for looking!

[ Edited by: helztiki 2007-05-07 14:49 ]

V

Whaaa!

That metallic is spectacular! I also love the matte/satin brown and speckled silver metallic. Really nice work - I imagine those are very tricky to stilt when firing. OK - I just looked back at the pics and I have to add the red one to my list of faves - a tough call as they all look great.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 4:40 PM

Helzer,

That glaze looks great! Nice job!

B

Pops, I just got my Biter in the mail, you really did an Awesome job on the glazes. I LOVE the Black one you sent. Way Cool, Thanx

KK

Whoah... making molds, casting, firing!
Nice. I spent years doing casting is college when I was studying sculpture. Seems you worked your okole off for these little buggahs! You may want to try a latex mold which will eliminate almost all "clean-up". With latex molding compound, you can make a nice "one-piece" mold that wont require the extra work and, you wont have to worry so much about the "mortality" rate!

let me know if you need any kokua! Again, I dig 'em!

A Hui Ho!

KK

Whoah... making molds, casting, firing!
Nice. I spent years doing casting is college when I was studying sculpture. Seems you worked your okole off for these little buggahs! You may want to try a latex mold which will eliminate almost all "clean-up". With latex molding compound, you can make a nice "one-piece" mold that wont require the extra work and, you wont have to worry so much about the "mortality" rate!

let me know if you need any kokua! Again, I dig 'em!

A Hui Ho!

Pages: 1 27 replies