Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Northwest Chop Chop

Pages: 1 5 replies

Anyone interested in a San Diego style chop chop? It's too far for me to drive to San Diego so would like to get something similar started up here, I'm willing to host, have a tiki bar, room for tents in the backyard, large garage in case it rains, small rv trailer for the too drunk to drive home people, but I'm out on Whidbey island, Washington. so if anyone has a better location chime in.
See the San Diego chop chop topic for a idea of what I have in mind...

Well I have 1 carver for sure, DocTiki! Thanks for the interest.
Need more northwest Ohana! [might let ya drink from my Ohana Mug too...]
This is open to anyone with a day to either learn, or teach, or just have a drink and watch.
I have some spare tools,hammers to loan.
*Kids welcome , my 3 kids will be swinging hammers and the more the merrier.
Maybe we can get some clay and make mugs, or someone with some resin casting experience can show us how it's done. I may have a ceramic arts student attending.
I'm open for any ideas.

D

Stiki, I'm up for a northwest craving get-toghter, middle of Aprial or May(nothing ealry , new job). Not just carver, painters ,bar keeps , tiki bar maker, ah heck anyone. I'm no Bk or Benzart or one of the many other great carvers here on TC, but I'll help anyone with who wants to try their hand at carving. I uses both chisel, and carving knifes. Doc Tiki

Cool been wanting to see a hook knife in action Doc. [if thats what you mean]
Have a local friend here interested, mid april sounds like a start.
I started a witco style mug shelf today, hope it turns out... Gonna be big, 4ft tall and maybe 6-8ft long, badly needed as mugs are driping off my shelves.
Got any pix of your work Doc? So far I have nuthing worth bragging about...

bump... anyone out there?

Can't even give away a good time up there, Stiki.
Just tell them you're selling some extra mugs. They'll line up two hours early.
Or, advertise a firewater tiki potlatch.

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 5 replies