Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Electric plasma Moai lights

Pages: 1 12 replies

I

For those who like the 'Tiki meets Dr Frankenstein' look, Spencer Gifts is currently having a sale on their 'mini moai plasma lights' - regularly $60, now going for $20. If you were planning on buying one, well, now you can afford to buy 3.

These are the lights that look like they are shooting off static electricity or miniature bolts of lighting, all inside a glass moai head - a real life representation of the power of tiki.

http://www.spencergifts.com/shop/product.asp?pid=00562769&did=5&cid=517&scid=1054

Vern

T

There yah go Carroll.

just got mine on order, thanks for the tip!

I just bought a blue one this week at the mall, thanks for the tip. The light is really great!

I just got mine in the mail...and early Valentine's gift for my boyfriend. He loved it! Thanks for the heads up...I sure wouldn't have paid $60 for it!

Happy Tiki Hunting!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2301502886&category=3201

Looks like she didn't hear the news....and what is this "hard to find" business??

C

! I just checked out the Spencer site with THREE of those Mini Moai plasma heads!
The first step's admitting you've got a problem, right?

T

Cool! I'd thought about getting one of these, but $60 was just too steep. I was all over it for 20 fins, though.

As an aside, I just got the rocket ship lava lamp I ordered from "orientaltrading.com" and am shocked at how cool it is. I mean, a lava lamp's a lava lamp, but these are only $15 each! And they're rocket ships! I know it's not tiki, but 50s space age style is the next best thing. I think I need a couple more.

C

Thanks tiki bot,
They are smashing. Which color do you have?
What a bargain!

T

I have the white & orange. It actually looks mostly orange since the white wax is tinted by the orange liquid. The rocket part is black, so they go together nicely.
I just ordered the pink & purple one.

C

I didn't see that one.
They have quite the collection of tiki mugs and lights, too.
Do you have any experience with those?

T

The white & orange one isn't pictured for some reason, but it is listed.

I haven't bought anything else from them yet. The catalog I have says they have those awesome ice-cube lights like folks had at the Tiki Oasis last year, but the website says they no longer carry them. I would have bought a couple dozen of those.

T

I rec'd my pink & purple "rocket ooze lamp" yesterday and it's not quite as good a color choice as the orange & white. The liquid is only slightly pinkish toward the bottom where the lamp is and the purple blobs are very shiny (like plastic), not matte like the orange blobs. It doesn't give off as much ambient light and the colors aren't as harmonious as the orange & white.
Overall review: Still a great bargain at $15, but the orange is still my fave.

Pages: 1 12 replies