Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

What do you think ...?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I'am a new member, from Holland.
I just uploaded my new site, what do you think ?

http://www.moaihengelo.nl

Greetings LIMO

H

I think this one says it all for me.

It means bad or okey ?
Actually that is one statue I made for our neighbourhood, just say HI !

Greet LIMO

C

Aloha MAILMAN76, Welcome!! I like the web page I think you got very interesting ideas going on, I would like to see more detail and maybe some color.... (this is just my humble opinion don't take it to seriously) Keep posting, Greetings!!

Hi, Mailman.. You have a good start there and obvious resolve, and you are already carving deeply and in 3-D, which is a good thing, but before I went too public just yet I'd nurse my skill level a bit more and get some more carving experiences under my belt. Try a slightly different method just once (if you have the extra time...I take it you probably work for the state and they can keep a man rather busy)-Instead of trying something simple and carving it in a quicker fashion, find something you think is very, very advanced for your skill level, set your ambition high, and spend a couple of months on it with all chisels. The more time the better. Take a very long approach, from getting a sketch or written plan on paper, to carving, to a well-planned final finishing. And keep the chisels as sharp as you can. Now, this is just my opinion, and the kind of guy I am-but I have always thought that such a way teaches far faster than so many smaller steps, especially if you obviously have an idea as to the basic principles of carving. Jump in with both feet, and take a much longer swim, so to speak. One of the great carving zen-masters still with us today, Leroy Schmaltz, once said patience is a tiki carver's greatest attribute. Nobody can argue with 55 years of Tiki carving experience! Aloha, and see what you think...BK

I think threads with titles like: "What do you think?" are wicked annoying.

Hi,

I think my English is not the best, actually I meant your opinion of course,

sorry

LIMO

T

:)

On 2007-03-23 12:47, pappythesailor wrote:
I think threads with titles like: "What do you think?" are wicked annoying.

ahhh...the east coast....I wicked miss home... :wink:

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 24, 2007 2:47 AM

Ditto everything BK said. More tiki style bro.

And have fun! :D

B

I think you Need a Hand! :) :) :)

Pages: 1 10 replies