Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

new ( go tiki ) tiki mug

Pages: 1 6 replies

GT

My latest Tiki Mug named "Go Go" I'm still working on the right glaze I want, more like a "peanut mug" would be cool, what you think?

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-03-22 20:42 ]

[ Edited by: GO TIKI 2007-04-04 17:02 ]

GT

Teakey (member tc) wrote to me that, I don't leave enough info: or what my art is about, and I ask all of you to much what YOU think? You (TC members) have a lot to do with how my finish mugs will turn out, Your the experts, this is our hobby, passion, and our interest for sure, Thanks Teakey! so here we go:

Well, I'm trying to get that old school, vintage 60's glaze look, For my new mug "GoGo" kinda hard to achive since the old lead glazes are not avaliable, so I'm trying to get the same affect whith a matte glaze non-toxic glazes:

I might try to do them in a mixed glazed I conjured up, on some old bisque ware I had of my own art from 2003, Shot-Shot and Crude Tiki:

But keeping the Top and Bottom brown

I'll show you all the finish one this weekend!

I have been also working on tiki necklace charms:

It's the face of my first Tiki Mug "Sunny"

Sooooo Busy! I work a 10 hr. Job Mon - Sat, so I get out as much ceramics as I can, I get e-mails how come I don't see your stuff on e-bay? Well, I make limited edition tiki mugs 1 to 15 or 25 but, so they get sold to friends, local surf shops, ect: before they get to e-bay. (GoGo) Tiki mug will have a run of 50 so there will be some on e-bay I promise, Example of a week of work for me on ceramics created or going to be:

My kilns run a lot!

I make about 15 finished items a week, not bad for a part timer, Haha :) But GoTiki is a manufacturing business, I have to file my taxes as such! I have a lot of new designs on the table, though you might have not heard of me, I have been making Tiki mugs since 2003, and the best is yet to come.

Another TC member asked me: Been making Tiki mugs since 2003 and only limited post?

Response: My Mom (old School) used a pharse " Don't toot your own horn"

Meaning: people will find you! Or don't draw atttention to youself?

Well I guess, I have been lately bending the rules so here is the stuff I have been working on!

I always end my post "what you think?" So...... What You Think? It's important to me! Aloha! GOGO

C

Good work! I like the glaze, I would like for the next one, more time in the modeling stage to make the "carving" more sharp and show off the design better

GT

I finally found a glaze that I'm happy with, I wanted a old school feel and charm to my new mugs, A nice dark glaze on the inside, rim, and bottom, and a brown glaze that has a bisque feel on the features of the mug, Feels like and old peanut mug (OMC) or a Paul Marshall mug when you hold it. Sould have one up on e-bay soon, as I will make a run of 50 of these. $10.00 should be a fare starting price, there is a lot of work that goes into making mugs. It's a passion of love! not making money! for me.

What you think? Aloha Gogo:)

P

Nice glaze choice!! If you just added more texture it would look like a peanut mug!

GT

Thanks for your input PockyTiki, I'll try not to wash the glaze so much on the next one, I'm happy though to find a good mixture of colors, as you can see, ( pictures ) I tried a lot of different combos, I was alomost fed-up and was going for the one on the left to put out and sell, but on the last firing, I went with the middle look!

What You Think? Aloha! Gogo :)

ST

I like your choice the best. It has an antique skull feel to it.

Pages: 1 6 replies