Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Island Room Hanalei Hotel

Pages: 1 5 replies

Can anyone confirm if this place is open for dinner? I just called and some lady said she "thinks" it won't be open until the end of the month?
Also is there a recommendation of where to sit to enhance the experience, or what to order drink/food. This would be a great help as I have very important company this weekend.
The son of the king of lokalu is visiting and I think he might like this place.

A

Hey OB,
Check the thread "What is Tiki" it is currently right below this one. People are discussing that the Islands Room was closed thru the holidays and speculating when it might open.
Hey, when you come up to Oceanside stop by for a drink.
Mahalo,
Al

D

i called this morning, and the operator answered "red lion hanalai".. but when i asked if they were undergoing management change, she got..um.. well, she just kept repeating red lion hanalai, how may i direct your call.. not too bright.

i'll call again tomorrow and double check, before i reserve our rooms.

i love the Dragon Room, its got one big round table and cool carvings (ok, no tikis, but cool nonetheless)you'll probably need 8 people to reserve it though..

its been fun drinking scorpion bowls in the lounge. those are powerful drinks..served in a big plastic clam shell..

elicia

I haven't been to the Hanalei since the gross homogenized remodel, I've been afraid to go check out the bar. Is it still there? Worth a trip?

T

On 2003-01-17 10:34, Captain Ambience wrote:
I haven't been to the Hanalei since the gross homogenized remodel, I've been afraid to go check out the bar. Is it still there? Worth a trip?

The bar is mostly-un Tiki, but the dining room was largely untouched... that said, a lot of the corridors, the entrance, and other parts of it were de-tikified... I'd say that about 30-40% of the old Tiki remains.

D

we stayed at the Hanalai for a week, and happy to report it's no less Tiki than it was a couple years ago (since its become a Red Lion)...

HURRAY! the Islands Room is open for dinners, Tues-Sunday.

the bar is now serving drinks in Tiki Mugs, nothing special, unmarked new mugs (but mugs nonetheless!) ~ you can buy a drink with the souvineer glass or the glass alone ~ we passed on the mugs, and instead had the Scorpion Bowl served in the giant plastic clamshell. mmmmmm STRONG!

unfortunately, i spent 2 days in the hospital with pancreatitis/gallstones, and didnt get a chance to eat at the restaurant ~ not the most fun on a vacation! oh well, at least im alive!

elicia~

Pages: 1 5 replies