Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Vegas and tiki...?!?!?

Pages: 1 4 replies

W
wjake posted on Sun, Mar 25, 2007 7:04 AM

aloha mai taitians...

I'm gonna be in Vegas in early May--any word on the TV? Any chance they'll be ahead of schedule and done/open? Any other cool places for a mai tai (not really interested in Mickey Finz from what I've read)?

Mahalo!

T

Aloha

Having hunted up and down the strip for a fine Mai Tai, I recommend...

The Bar at Olives at the Bellagio. Joey V will fix you a fine Mai Tai.

A fruity, but passable Mai Tai can be found at the Cheeseburger joint (not in paradise mind you, they'll hit you with a lawsuit) in the Desert Passages.

Good cocktails can also be had at the Times Square bar at the New York New York. I didn't have a Mai Tai, but I did have a fantastic Manhattan. Go early, later in the day it turns into an unbearable piano bar.

Do NOT get a mixed drink at Kahunaville.
Do NOT get the Mai Tai at the Ghost Bar.

That's the best from my hunting so far, but I plan to be back soon. If you do go Mai Tai Hunting in Vegas be prepared to be served truly absurd cocktails. Some are actually not bad. Some we believe actually had NO booze in them (which is how the get away with the bottomless Mai Tai promotion).

Enjoy!

[ Edited by: TofuJoe 2007-03-28 17:26 ]

P

the bellagio makes their mai tais the same throughout the hotel. the mai tais in the high limit area are a little better, but a lot more $. twenty each. you don't have to gamble, just drink.

T

Agreed, the Bellagio overall has a good cocktail program.

Created by this guy http://www.themodernmixologist.com/

I like the bar at Olives simply because I like the bartenders there, and we all know the bartender has a lot to do with the quality of the drink.

Hey, you didn't mention your Mai Tai (I use that term loosely here) experience at The Voodoo Lounge atop The Rio hotel.....

heh heh heh....

Pages: 1 4 replies