Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXXII Friday March 30th!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Friday March 30th, 2007 10PM No Cover

Tonight King Kukulele and the Friki Tikis play, and say aloha to Malahini Marc as he sets sail for Broadway and prepares to live in the Big Apple...which will become the Big PINEapple when the Malahini arrives. For 3 months he'll be performing in "Passing Strange", a musical, and until his return he says Bon Voyage to the Friki Tikis, the Polynesian Paradise Dancers, and to Tiki Taix.

AND

Once again from the beach comes the enchanting Hula magic of the Polynesian Paradise Dancers! Akemi, "The Enchantress of The Islands" and "Keiko The Adored" are among other mysteries of Paradise lost. Don't miss this night of the Polynesian Paradise.

PLUS

Brian Chidister, DJ, archivist and author of books, magazines and liner notes will once again be presenting the rarities of his video vaults. Earlier in the evening he'll be presenting his slideshow with Dennis Hopper at the Cinematheque, we'll get a report on that topic at Tiki Taix.

ALSO

Part III “Duke Kahanamoku – This Is Your Life!” from 1957. See Duke dance the hula to his siblings singing "On The Beach At Waikiki"! And King Gustav of Sweden's laurel wreath given to Duke in 1912. Then long distance swimming champion Ludy Langer tells what Duke did on his 30th Birthday.

AND

The most expensive Mai Tai party in history! It happened in London at a popular lounge called Trailer Happiness. 8 Mai Tais, each worth an estimated $1,750 totalling $14,000. Come and find out what these lucky slobs had in common with Trader Vic Bergeron.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

A

I'll be there,
Mahalo,
Al

T

For 3 months he'll be performing in "Passing Strange", a musical

Small detour....

Wow! We saw "Passing Strange" up here in Berkeley just before it closed to move to New York.

This show is amazing. If you are in New York and get a chance... go see it.

If he was gonna leave you to do anything, this is definitely worth letting him slip away for.

MT

Coco Loco and I will be there too!!!

WooHooWahine and I are in.

Tiki TI before???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD -- I'm up for Tiki Ti before Taix!

On 2007-03-28 13:59, SoccerTiki wrote:
WooHooWahine and I are in.

BooHooo SoccerTiki is sick :( We won't be there tonight :(

its 7 now, Im gonna try to be at tiki ti by 8:30

Jeff(btd)

I just heard that Tiki TAix is going on tonight! Al-ii WooHooWahine and I will be there!!! Stopping by Tiki Ti around 9 for a quickie (or two!)

WooooHoooooOOOooooooo!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies