Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Cook Islands Tiki Decanter

Pages: 1 8 replies

B

Picked this up at the Rarotonga airport duty-free shop. A ceramic vessel with bannana liquer called Kona Kona by Blue Moon Distilleries "An all natural taste of paradise".

You can get these great little ceramic tiki bottles/decanters from CHEEKYTIKI here in the UK. Check out their website. http://www.cheekytiki.com

Trader Jim - Make mine a mai-Tai!

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Apr 1, 2007 2:26 PM

The Boys....guessing these all had the same stuff in 'em at some point? Except the glass guy who I bought empty at the perfume factory (and is from the same mold/master as the ones above)......

So are you just back from there bongo? We're trying to work out some way of living and working there for a while in the next few years. I had the best time of my life on our holiday - warm water, reef breaks, white sand beaches and Tikis everywhere! Awesome people too.

P

Can you give us some kind of idea of the size of those decanters and bottles please? I have a vintage pale yellow ceramic bottle which is only about 4 or 5" high. Those ones on the right look 'uge! The glass perfume bottle is so cool. What a great find!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai).

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Apr 1, 2007 4:57 PM

On 2007-04-01 16:14, POCKETIKI wrote:
Can you give us some kind of idea of the size of those decanters and bottles please? I have a vintage pale yellow ceramic bottle which is only about 4 or 5" high. Those ones on the right look 'uge! The glass perfume bottle is so cool. What a great find!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai).

The big boys are 28cm high, the glass one is 14cm, and the little ceramic one is 12cm. The glass version is the only one I bought in the Cooks - the rest were scored in NZ.
I saw the one bongo bought, but from memory it was around $25 (maybe cheaper duty-free?) which was a little pricey, especially after the amount we had already spent on paintings, jewellery, pearls, carvings and a tattoo for me! Way too many temptations in Rarotonga! The perfume factory on the old interior ring road (Avarua) has the empty glass bottles in a range of colours for $10 (NZ) each.
PS: post yours Jim!

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Apr 2, 2007 6:59 AM

I tried to order a bunch from them a while ago. I thought I'd bring a bunch over. I asked him what it would cost to get maybe 30. He quoted a price that was more per bottle than if I bought 1!

P
Paipo posted on Sat, May 5, 2007 5:50 PM

Bumped for the new addition to the the family - I just about jumped out of my skin when I saw this fellow at a garage sale yesterday. This turned to mild disappointment when I noticed he'd suffered major trauma and is held together by a fair bit of glue, but I still didn't have the heart to leave him behind:

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Jun 7, 2009 4:44 PM

Bump for Mookie, and a pic of the current lineup....

Found this one at the thrift store today.

The bottom

It reads:

Cook Islands
Collector
S?en
No. 477

Are any of yours marked like this?

DC

Pages: 1 8 replies