Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Survivor Immunity Idol

Pages: 1 28 replies

Does anyone know where the carved figure used for an immunity idol on Survivor Marquesas is actually from? I'd like to find one like it or similar. Any leads?

S

Check Ebay. It may be up for auction now. But you might have to outbid Vecepia for it! Regardless, you also might find some info about the creator there.

There is currently an authorized auction on various Survivor items on EBAY.
Check out:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=egpaf&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25
It is for the Pediatric Aids Foundation. There are about 41 items. It says that the immunity idol will be auctioned but it is not listed yet. You also have to go through a pre-approval process before you can bid. What I thought was cool is the voting urn with the last votes cast and the tribal stool which has some carvings around the seat and legs.

The one from the 20th season (Heros and Villians) is very cool. Anyone see it?

We watch Survivor each & every episode. The immunity idol this season is really cool. I wish that I'd get a better chance to see it.
~Kele

Too late to answer the 2002 post about the Marquesian Survivor tiki but what the heck. The carver did put two up on eBay and we got them both. They were shipped to us before we had even paid. When I told the fellow that wasn't a good idea he said but there is no crime here. He didn't speak very much English but I hope I got through to him that there is crime at our end. It worked out he had his international money order and we had two terrfic tiki for our collection. We always watch Survivor and this year does have a great Hawaiian tiki. Wendy

Those are sweet Wendy .How tall are they?

Those ARE sweet. More pics please. :)

This seasons - 2010 march - looks like a kanaloa - mee likey (the idol) show is un too.

Also some of the back ground pieces and the necklaces.

The first one is 12 inches and the second one is 10 inches. I can't get to them for more photos, they are on a tiered shelf high up with mugs in front. Wendy

That's a lotta moola!

Chris

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, May 17, 2010 12:27 PM

$1,725 dollars and still 9 days left!

L

I love that they do this auction after the end of every season and donate the money to charity.

Here are photos of the Immunity Idol, the Immunity Necklace and the Hidden Immunity Idol. All three are on eBay right now!

On 2010-05-17 12:32, leleliz wrote:
I love that they do this auction after the end of every season and donate the money to charity.

Me too, I hope they raise lots of cashola.
Those hidden immunity idols were down one contestants undies and another's bra!! Ewwwww!!!!

Chris

Who carved these? It's almost GOT to be somebody here.

P
phinz posted on Mon, May 17, 2010 8:23 PM

I don't know who carved those, but the puffer fish lamps that you saw in the tribal council area were from Swanky. They should auction those off...

[ Edited by: phinz 2010-05-17 20:23 ]

W

Immunity Idol up to 50 bids and 3,550 bucks. Impressive.

Chris

M

The idol sold for $30,100.00!
CRAZY!

The necklace went for $12,724.36

the necklace is awesome! i wonder if anybody around here does stuff like that? maybe buzzy should start knocking these off.

I'll take two buzzy.... :wink:

New season...new immunity idol. And it is a very cool tiki yet again. Looks Marquesan inspired.

You're all starting to think I watch a lot of Survivor, doncha?

A Marquesan tiki idol indeeed! The whole set looks great this season! I've been anticipating this season since they announced the South Pacific theme. There looks to be a great tiki overlooking Probst during tribal counsel, and many carved poles under the a frame. Hoping for some more good looks at other creations, and maybe a little inspiration from them!

Slacks, you're not alone. :wink:

ALL the carvings look great this time around! My first thought was that they'd rented or bought all the OA stock for their set. It's not historically authentic styles either, but true Poly-Pop throughout! I wanna see more! (Sadly NOT my opinion on the cast this season!)

I wish they sold replicas or knock offs of these! Too cool.

Saw a few "idols" this eve
SO Who carved em?

2011 fall season

Yep, a much better look at a lot of the tikis this week. On the march into Tribal Council there looks to be two huge tikis, one is Marquesan.
The first challenge featured a couple of nice Marqs also. Better looks at the tikis during tribal Council too. I took some screen grabs, I have to post them.

Pages: 1 28 replies