Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New member today

Pages: 1 1 replies

J

Hi. I hope I'm posting this correctly. If not, someone please steer me in the right direction.
For some reason I found this site as I did a search on the Latitude 20 restaurant in Torrance. I had no idea there was this much information about Tiki and such. I grew up in Torrance and for a while worked at Latitude 20 as a busboy with my two brothers. I also remember a guy who used to do shows there with some Polynesian dancers. I think his name was Ernie something or other. Two of the dancers were twins, and for some reason I think they went to South Torrance High School.
Anyway, I remember a lot of wild times in that place. They had two dinner shows, followed by a late night show for the drunks which got pretty funny.
If anyone is interested, I hace a lot of memories about that place. Too bad it is closed as it would be nice to go back as a paying customer to see it from that perspective.

Aloha and welcome, Jack!

You can start by introducing yourself (more?) here, if you want.

Also, you can use the "search" function - it's over in the right hand corner - to find out all the Latitude 20 stuff that's been discussed.

AND I know there are plenty of people in the TikiCentral Ohana who would love to hear any stories you might have about the place.

Pages: 1 1 replies