Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Pocky's (New and Improved) Art Hut *Update On Page 3*

Pages: 1 30 replies

P

Links are dead, photos are gone. The last post in here was from 2007? Time to revive this sucker with some new stuff!

To you dudes and dudettes, I'm probably still that annoying barnacle that showed up in 2006, eager and ready to show off. Well, it's been 6 years so I figured it's about time for a facelift for this thread!

Sketched this baby Marquesan yesterday:

I liked him so much that I decided to create a new one but with a "Mele Kalikimaka" twist:

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2012-12-12 08:44 ]

P

And With no further adeu', here's the NEW addition.

sorry if it's a little dark. I forgot the flash! d'oh!

F

Tiki Easter eggs, two worlds collide! :lol: I also love the movie poster. Great collection of stuff Pocky!

P

Thanks Finkdaddy! Hope this new thread doesn't bother anybody! I've kept posting all my art in seperate, single threads and never got around to making one GIANT thread for all of it. My bad. If this thread really does interfere with anything, someone let me know and we can just throw this thread in the trash. Anyways, thanks for looking. :)

C

I like the two last modelings a lot! I think is a good idea this thread to see everything together. Keep posting!

Thanks Clarita. Those little ceramic pieces I did a LONG time ago. Way back into last year.

New stuff today!....Only one thing. Just a doodle i drew up today in my big drawing pad. The drawing itself is pretty small. Not even a quarter of the page.

H

Very nice! I likes the muted colors--very vintage!

Warp speed reply!! Thanks SurfNTurf!

Hey gang! Not much to give you all today unfortunately, but hey atleast it's something. Just a page of tropical birds and tiki doodles.

apologize for the blurriness.

Aloha Ohana! Today I bring you something I've been working on in Photoshop. It may not be Tiki, but I think you all might like it.

enjoy!

Hey all! Just whipped up a little drawing today while LOUNGING around....haha....bad joke. You'll get it once you see the picture.

hey all! Just was working on a little drawing today influenced by our own AtomicTikiTony. Atomic, this is for you.

Updated this thread with some new art here on Page 1!

Update:

Decided to use that Baby Marq drawing and incorporate it into an older panel I had lying around.

P

Picked up some lonely looking boards yesterday and had at them today, while off from work. Hope you like! I call it "Tangaroa Here, Tangaroa There!"

and a detail shot

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2012-12-05 13:23 ]

HT

It's fun.
I dig it.

TT

Very nice!

Dude, that rocks...
Great color and detail...

P

On 2012-12-05 13:27, Hale Tiki wrote:
It's fun.
I dig it.

It was definitely fun to create! Glad you dig it, Haletiki!

On 2012-12-05 15:09, Trader Tom wrote:
Very nice!

Thank you Trader Tom! It's definitely even nicer in person (or more assaulting on the eyeballs, whichever you prefer)

On 2012-12-05 20:10, hang10tiki wrote:
Dude, that rocks...
Great color and detail...

Coming from the dude who's carving the stacked Tiki Bob totem, I am honored by such words!

Hopefully you folks can see some of my stuff in person in the future if I ever get out to some of these great TC events!

P

Started work on a second panel yesterday. Bunch o' Marquesan Wayfinders. Gotta add some sea-life in there as well.

P

THE END IS NIGH!....on this mixed media piece anyways.

P

letting the second panel sit for a bit as I contemplate my next move. I did start a new piece, though. A PNG mask on a board stained with green acrylic to let the wood grain show through.

ahm.. hi PockyTiki
wow i like your art.. huh..
it is a nice painting
^_^

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
Colin Powell's skinning knives

[ Edited by: lilscrappy 2012-12-13 03:31 ]

HT

Nice.

I'd think all the PNG syles would be perfect for your style.

Nice work!

Thank you for the kind words! Hale Tiki, I think you'd be right. Getting in touch with my inner islander is quite fun. Here's some more progress on the PNG panel.

I received a copy of Arts Of The South Seas in the mail and a few of the PNG pieces in the book definitely show in this piece.

Kool, the Marq Wayfinders POP out at ya!
I like the PNG stuff, always makes me think of O-shen,
His CD is in my car CD player now.

Have fun

[ Edited by: hang10tiki 2012-12-11 09:30 ]

On 2012-12-11 09:29, hang10tiki wrote:
Kool, the Marq Wayfinders POP out at ya!
I like the PNG stuff, always makes me think of O-shen,
His CD is in my car CD player now.

Have fun

Thanks dude! Really trying to get in touch with some different styles currently. I've been bouncing ALL over the art scene recently. Designing apparel, creating pixel art (yes 8 and 16-bit Nintendo style stuff), viking runes, illuminated manuscript stuff, Aztec and Mayan carvings and now Polynesian and Micronesian styles. Love every one of them and I hope to mash them all together at some point to create a really archaic, colorful and bold style.

A

Nice stuff Pock...very cool!

Swish, Klang, BLAMMO! I return with some art for your viewing pleasure. Earlier I mentioned that I had been working on pixel art (8/16-bit Nintendo style stuff), here's an example of something I whipped up awhile ago.

and here's an 8-bit PNG style design i did the other day.

And FINALLY, here's another update to that PNG panel i've been slowly chugging away on.

I also just picked up a couple pieces of basswood so I can get back into carving.

Pages: 1 30 replies