Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Margariitaville sandals

Pages: 1 7 replies

Saw a pair today called Tiki King. Looks like they have the Tiki Farm 4 pack on the straps.

T

Just bought a pair of these. I was a little concerned about the Margaritaville type on the upper, but I'm hoping I've got enough hair on my feet to cover it up! :) Aside from that one drawback (at least it is to the Buffet-haters), they're cool sandals, and are comfortable, too. The Margaritaville type is small, and not terribly noticeable, at least I don't think so. I bought 'em for a little more upscale look for the upcoming vacation, maybe go for a nice dinner and still wear some flip flops. The upper part is leather, footbed is a suede-like material, so not exactly beach-safe, but I think they could pass as resort-wear.
And just a year ago I was defending my Tevas against all manner of expensive flip flops. Of course, I've got a good job now, and making more money. That always helps.
Anyway, if anyone wants to see, you can buy online at Nordstrom. They don't have them in stock in the stores, but the clerk added "yet" so I guess they'll be carrying them later in the year.
On the buying page, it says to go down if you need a half-size. I actually had to go up. Just something to keep in mind. Nordstrom's does a good job if you need to return or exchange-- it's even free through the mail, but standard shipping took about a week to get to California.

H

Unless I'm mistaken (wouldn't be the first time...), the tiki designs are lifted straight from the Tiki Farm four-pack of mugs. Holden, did you authorize that? It really sucks if you're getting ripped off again.

On 2007-04-13 13:49, Humuhumu wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken (wouldn't be the first time...), the tiki designs are lifted straight from the Tiki Farm four-pack of mugs. Holden, did you authorize that? It really sucks if you're getting ripped off again.

Nope. Maybe I can be in free sandals for some years to come!!

Man, Holden, you're getting jerked left and right, and not in the good way...

Happy Friday the 13th!

K

Got the sandals, very well constructed and comfortable. I have had mine almost a year now.

On 2007-04-13 13:49, Humuhumu wrote:
the tiki designs are lifted straight from the Tiki Farm four-pack of mugs

Good catch! I didn't even notice it, to be honest! Maybe they should say Tiki Farm on them instead of Margaritaville. That'd make me happy.

Pages: 1 7 replies