Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Forbidden Island Summer of Mug Phase One: Munktiki FI Anniversary Mug 4/22/07 REVEALED!

Pages: 1 29 replies

M

There will be approx. 60 or so anniversary mugs for sale. Beginning at 2pm

One per customer only!

As with the Bad Liver sale, I will hand out numbered tags to people in line right before we open the doors so that you need not rush to the vending table when the doors open- your number will be held.

Do not sleep on the sidewalk! Alameda PD will chase you away if you are there at night.

Price is still TBD....

Please be prepared with cash for this sale- and for all the great vendors who will be there!!

[ Edited by: martiki 2007-04-18 09:17 ]

Why would I sleep on the sidewalk when hiding in the bathroom stall the night before will keep me warmer and provide relief opportunities?

NOTE TO SELF: Do a sweep of restrooms at end of shift night before....

M

I'm very pleased to at last bring you images of the Forbidden Island Anniversary Mug:

The Forbidden Island Skull

*Limited Edition of 60 cast from a new mold
*First ever two-tone paint for this design
*Custom decals
*Total sexiness

Behold:

Stuckie and I began discussing plans for this many moons ago. I wanted to see one of my all-time favorite Munktiki designs take on new life. I thought it would look great in a two-tone glaze. I like the contrast of the realistic bone glaze on a highly abstract interpretation of a skull. Stuckie knocked it out of the ballpark. The glaze is a rich natural bone color, with a lot of depth and texture to the smooth finish. The dark glaze in the eyes and nose blends into the bone perfectly. Yet another masterpiece from Stuckie & Munktiki.

J

That's a beautiful mug! Nice work! I don't suppose you've put a price on it yet for those of us who would like to budget appropriately?

What special brain mix should be served in this beauty?

M

*Do not line up before the sun comes up.
*You may not hold places in line. If you bring three of your friends who don't care about mugs so you can score a fistful of these, all of you must be in place in the line the entire time. You will then get four, but you will be a dickhead.
*One per customer
*There will be less than 60 available- several are promised.
*Don't bother asking me to mail you one.
*Don't bother asking me to hold you one. A few are being held for staff and vendors only.
*I am sorry about this, but price is still TBD. It will be available by itself, or as a combo with the anniversary poster- which is also total sexiness.
*I will hand out numbers shortly before the doors open.
*Please bring cash for this!

Don't mean to be an ass- just trying to get it all sorted and out there in the open.

Wow, that mug is super sweet. Ugh, I don't think I'll be able to make it. If anyone gets one and wants to part with it, I'm game :)

I can't see the photos very well, through all the slimey lick marks on my screen.....

On 2007-04-18 09:43, martiki wrote:
*Do not line up before the sun comes up.
*You may not hold places in line. If you bring three of your friends who don't care about mugs so you can score a fistful of these, all of you must be in place in the line the entire time. You will then get four, but you will be a dickhead.
*One per customer
*There will be less than 60 available- several are promised.
*Don't bother asking me to mail you one.
*Don't bother asking me to hold you one. A few are being held for staff and vendors only.
*I am sorry about this, but price is still TBD. It will be available by itself, or as a combo with the anniversary poster- which is also total sexiness.
*I will hand out numbers shortly before the doors open.
*Please bring cash for this!

Don't mean to be an ass- just trying to get it all sorted and out there in the open.

Yippee! I appreciate it when people are up front and organized. And yeah, no penisheads!

Aloha Mr. Hand

[ Edited by: theded1 2007-04-18 12:22 ]

MT

Mug Weirdos unite!!!

Thanks for posting pic's . I know I'll be inline early . Can I brind a tent in case it rains? HAHA I'll share so everybody can be dry.

T

"Wow, that mug is super sweet. Ugh, I don't think I'll be able to make it. If anyone gets one and wants to part with it, I'm game"

That means that you, by definition, would have to get one from a dickhead.

Which is still cool cause Atomic still needs these mugs.

ah....yes... the ground rules............Thank you for posting.
Always good to know what the deal is. What about leaving the line for bathroom breaks or should I bring my sportscatheder?

After waiting in Line for Rolling Stones tickets a few times this will be a breeze.

...and I have the perfect spot behind my bar for that beautiful mug!

M

First there was Bad Liver, now a Forbidden Island Skull. What body part will be next? A bent elbow???

On 2007-04-18 17:25, teaKEY wrote:
"Wow, that mug is super sweet. Ugh, I don't think I'll be able to make it. If anyone gets one and wants to part with it, I'm game"

Dickheads are cool in my book.

M

Price revealed:

FI Anniversary Mug will be $40, or get the combo-pak with the poster for just $50.

What a great price!!!

...I'll take two!

On 2007-04-20 16:01, Haole'akamai wrote:
What a great price!!!
...I'll take two!

.......and sell me one. :D
Work screwed me over, and I can't make it.

On 2007-04-20 21:51, Unga Bunga wrote:

Work screwed me over, and I can't make it.

No! Drat, I was all glad you were gonna make it up. Now, look :(

Beautiful mug Martin! Wish I could be there for the great celebration - congrats on the anniversary

On 2007-04-19 09:07, Atomicchick wrote:

On 2007-04-18 17:25, teaKEY wrote:

Dickheads are cool in my book.

THAT'S IT!!, the 2nd anniversary mug will be a DICKHEAD!

THAT'S IT!!, the 2nd anniversary mug will be a DICKHEAD!

Well, do you think you can carve one?

Nah... its gonna be a broken nose :)

I just can't visualize Stuckie sculpting a plaster model.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-04-24 11:18 ]

I can sculpt a mean dickhead

Please put my name on the list for the new mug.

Ah darned, since ya went there Thayer...put me on the list too. What will said mug be called? :wink:

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-04-24 22:47 ]

MT

How's about the Mean Dickhead?

Angry Richard?

Pages: 1 29 replies