Pages: 1 15 replies

2oz 12yr scotch
1part pineapple juice
1part cranberry juice
3icey cubes

tall glass....

yis be drankn the siMcOe zOMmBies......

sw

You have 2 oz of Scotch, but 1 part of each juice. How many ounces is a part? Or how many parts is an ounce?

A part is not a set measure. It could be an ounce, a jigger, a decilitre, a pint, or whatever you are using depending on how thirsty you are.

S

Given that I love fruit juice, and hate scotch, I went with:

2oz 12yr scotch
1 quart pineapple juice
1 quart cranberry juice
3 ice cubes

Delicious, but not very cold.

:)

2 ounces of scotch for a half gallon of juice and only 3 ice cubes? Something tells me Scottes is pulling our leg. :wink:

P

Funny. I would think that someone going by the name of Scottes would like scotch, or at least not hate it.

And by the way, if you are going to be mixing scotch with pineapple juice and whatever else, use a blend like Dewars or Old Smuggler. If I find anyone mixing my Mortlach, Macallan or Balvenie... I'll hurt you.

S

Yeah, I hate scotch. Whiskey, whisky, rye and bourbon, too.

Now rum... I love rum.

So I modified the recipe to use rum.

2 oz 15-year-old Demerrara
1 drop pineapple juice
1 drop cranberry juice
3 ice cubes

I think the ice detracted from the rum. I'm pretty sure that I'd recommend this version without the ice.

On 2007-04-15 18:39, Scottes wrote:
Yeah, I hate scotch. Whiskey, whisky, rye and bourbon, too.

Now rum... I love rum.

So I modified the recipe to use rum.

2 oz 15-year-old Demerrara
1 drop pineapple juice
1 drop cranberry juice
3 ice cubes

I think the ice detracted from the rum. I'm pretty sure that I'd recommend this version without the ice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah! And when you pour the juices, miss.

On 2007-04-15 12:24, PiPhiRho wrote:
A part is not a set measure. It could be an ounce, a jigger, a decilitre, a pint, or whatever you are using depending on how thirsty you are.

I know a part is not a set measure. But when you mix parts with set measures, you don't know what the ratios of the ingredients are.

TL

Hello,
This may or may not be a new TIKI drink.It started from a "Aloha Screwdriver" and just took off after several sessions of mixing. Its called a " TIKI TICKLER"

1oz vodka
1oz Myers Dark Rum
1oz Malibu Rum
1oz Captains Morgans Spiced Rum
1oz Bacardi Rum
3oz orange juice
3oz pineapple juice
1oz coconut juice
1lg glass of ice

Mix all ingredients in blender till frothy. Pour into mug. Serve with pineapple wedge maraschino cherry on umbrella tooth pick.

Try it you'll like it

H
Helz posted on Fri, May 11, 2007 10:55 PM

And this...right here...is where it died.

TL

Thank so much for the positive reinforcement.

Cut out the Malibu, add a little lime juice and/or bitters, and you might have something. Sounds too sweet to me the way you have it.

A

On 2007-05-12 10:16, DemeraraDrinker wrote:
Cut out the Malibu, add a little lime juice and/or bitters, and you might have something. Sounds too sweet to me the way you have it.

yeah, I agree - if you have an ounce of coconut juice already, do you really need coconut flavored rum?

Going back to the original recipe . . .
I would omit the grapefruit and pineapple juice and streamline it down to:

2 Oz The Glenlivet (18Yr.)
1 Icey cube

Works for me! But . . . no loud noises for 24 hours!

TL

Thank you all for your suggestions.I will keep working on it.Things such as this are always a-work-in-progress. Continued positive input always welcomed.

Pages: 1 15 replies