Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tiki at Jo-Anne fabrics, midwest!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

they put out an ass-load of new tiki stuff at Jo-anne fabrics this weekend in chicago.....including tikis, tiki signs with tiki faces on them, lots of plastic plates, including some with shag graphics on them (i don't think he approved of these). Also, they have a really awesome plastic set of bamboo drink pitcher, ice bucket, tall and short glasses and stemmed margarita and wine glasses. ..and a tall blue plastic tiki face drink pitcher which is kinda cool....normally i don't go fo this type of cheap tiki stuff, but compared to the rest of the stuff offered, especially at big lots and target, this stuff seems to be the better quality...with better tiki sculpts in some cases. .....and what's more, all of this stuff is 25% off right now!!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-04-15 18:18 ]

..more tiki at jo-anns..they have some smaller tiki statues that i've never seen elsewhere and for a mere $9.99 each i picked up 2 awesome canvas folding chairs with hawaiian patterns on it...they also have some cool faux wicker and black metal folding chairs and regular patio chairs at 25% off of the $29.99 price tag...very cool and very retro.

Funny thing...

My wife is on the product developement team for a company that used to supply about 40% of the seasonal merchandise for JoAnn's. I kept trying to have influence, but her bosses thought tiki was too "fad-y". And now, the first year that they're no longer doing business together, tiki is all over their shelves.

It would have been nice to have some more traditional designs available, which is what I was pushing for. damn.

-Z

BTW, I was very tempted to buy the Suffering Bastard-influenced table, but it's just too damn cartoony. that's the problem with having things sculpted in China, the design is NEVER accurate.

-Z

D

On 2007-05-10 07:06, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..more tiki at jo-anns..they have some smaller tiki statues that i've never seen elsewhere and for a mere $9.99 each i picked up 2 awesome canvas folding chairs with hawaiian patterns on it...they also have some cool faux wicker and black metal folding chairs and regular patio chairs at 25% off of the $29.99 price tag...very cool and very retro.

I went to the Jo-Anne's in Niles just a few days after you. You must've cleared the stock out (LOL). The Jo-Anne's in Norridge doesn't carry any of this stuff. Could you post pics of the tiki's?

Where the tiki's at the Niles location?

On 2007-05-10 09:56, Dawn32 wrote:

On 2007-05-10 07:06, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

I went to the Jo-Anne's in Niles just a few days after you. You must've cleared the stock out (LOL). The Jo-Anne's in Norridge doesn't carry any of this stuff. Could you post pics of the tiki's?

Where the tiki's at the Niles location?

Ha!!!....no, i didn't hit the one in niles....i go to the one on elston across from target in the city...it's between fullerton and western....they had plenty on hand the other day....i'll post pics tonight of the chairs and tiki sign i bought

...i don't have pics of the tikis...i didn't buy any....though i thought they were really decent considering they are made in china and compared to most of the shit produced there these were much better, however they did not meet my exceedingly high standards of the tiki product i like to surround myself with. Anything less than top notch is an embarassment to myself and to those who i invite to drink with....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-05-10 10:22 ]

here's what i got...

..i added the gold paint by dry brushing it on to bring out the details.....these signs are a good size and quite heavy as they are made of solid resin....behold!! the cocojoes collectables for future tiki generations!! man, will they will be fighting for this on ebay in the year 2027!!..some signs say"welcome" and some say "luau' and all have different tiki faces, some have 2 faces,

..and the chair....they come in orange, red, blue and pink...complete with a carry case(below)..you are fool not to own these, especially if you plan on going to tiki events this summer and need a portable and stylish place to sit!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-05-10 16:32 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies