Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Ebay-- Disney Volcano Bowl

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

It's hideous. It's awful! It's.... indescribable. It's being sold as a chip and dip bowl, but I think it could hold * a lot* of 151 in the center.
Here it is.
BTW, not my auction.

K

UGH!!
...and you share this before lunch?!?
well, there's always something for everyone....
K.

G

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no Mickey Mouse volcano bowl.

I was wondering where my chip and dip bowl ran off to.....

On 2007-04-16 09:32, kikekeki wrote:
UGH!!
...and you share this before lunch?!?
well, there's always something for everyone....
K.

Well, I opened up my email this morning, and there it was. Made we want to curl up into the fetal position and cry.

...so you just had to share the joy...
what a pal!!
you know it's like a bad wreck, I just have to track this and see if someone buys it...
:P
K.

I actually saw one of these, live and in person, in an antique shop in Alameda. They had it marked for $49.99. My first impression was YUCK, and HOW DARE THEY DO THAT, but then I started thinking... what a great way to start kids into liking tiki stuff. The grownups can have their flaming volcano, while, together, the kids drank juice from their own volcano bowl (sans the 151, of course). Then I realized, I didn't have any kids and the $49.99 could be spent for something else. So I passed it by.

It probably is still sitting in that same antique shop now.

• Myke
CL

Wow, no one's bidding. And its so lovely. :o

K

On 2007-04-16 13:58, tikiwinebear wrote:
I actually saw one of these, live and in person, in an antique shop in Alameda. They had it marked for $49.99. My first impression was YUCK, and HOW DARE THEY DO THAT, but then I started thinking... what a great way to start kids into liking tiki stuff. The grownups can have their flaming volcano, while, together, the kids drank juice from their own volcano bowl (sans the 151, of course). Then I realized, I didn't have any kids and the $49.99 could be spent for something else. So I passed it by.

It probably is still sitting in that same antique shop now.

• Myke

no, it's on ebay...

i think i will wait for the "tribute" bowl

On 2007-04-16 13:58, tikiwinebear wrote:
I actually saw one of these, live and in person, in an antique shop in Alameda. They had it marked for $49.99. My first impression was YUCK, and HOW DARE THEY DO THAT, but then I started thinking... what a great way to start kids into liking tiki stuff. The grownups can have their flaming volcano, while, together, the kids drank juice from their own volcano bowl (sans the 151, of course).

You mean like this? My kids skipped the Disney bowl though and went straight to the genuine article.

There really isn't anything "tiki" about it other than the volcano center.

Pages: 1 11 replies