Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Oahu - Hawaii Trip Part 2 -May 2006

Pages: 1 4 replies

I forgot to post the rest of our trip last year. Better late than never. After checking in at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel (Resortquest now) we poked around the International Market Place for a while....

Mrs. Fury's Dad is a Navy man who's father died in action in WWII (Malay Gulf), so the Pearl Harbor tour was a very emotional first stop the next day. After that we headed to the Honolulu Acadamy Of Arts for the Captain Cook Exhibit which was excellent.....

We then went to Bishop Museum, also excellent. Then off to La Mariana for cocktails, I'll try not to repeat too many things that have already been posted. You need to see this if you go.....

Mrs. Fury's folks are in their 70's so they usually retired early after drinks in our room. We brought Passionfruit Syrup to make Lapu Lapu's. The rum, orange juice and sweet & sour were easy to get. The next afternoon filslash met us downstairs for cocktails at The Tikis Bar & Grill. He brought us the leis and a couple of groovy mugs....

Then he took us on the local tour. Some great music next door.....

Off to find some tikis.....

I won't show them all, let fil surprise you. We ended the night at Duke's with more cocktails. The next day we went to Diamond head and to my surprise Mrs. Fury's dad hiked to the top with me. Here we are on the east coast sporting some Ohana wear (Adrift and OnaTiki)...

We watched the waves and surfers on the north shore then drove to Haleiwe for lunch at the Grass Skirt Grill (very good fresh fish), then met up with Marc Swanson and his family for a tour of his studio. It was great seeing Mrs. Fury's
parents having such a great time (they were always smiling) and her dad is an artist, so he and Marc did the Art Geek thing for over an hour....

Back to the Tikis for excellent food and a killer desert (look for the free coupon for this thing)....

We loved walking around at night with cocktails in an insulated hotel coffee cup. Very active at night with music, dancing, torches, and tourists everywhere....

We brought other fashions by Monkeyman, Puamana, Tiki Diablo, Bamboo Ben, and here we see one of her favorites by PolynesianPop...

OK...I need a break. Takes forever for me to load these pix. More later.....

Thanks for the photos bongofury. Really gets me jazzed about our upcoming visit!

Here you go GatorRob.....

The Royal Hawaiian has a luau (Wednesday nite?) that was $90.00 per person. At a cost of $360.00 for our group we just went to the bar next to the luau and had 3 appetizers and 13 cocktails for about $165.00 and watched the luau. Better drinks and food in my opinion. You can see the line for the luau behind us. Several people kept looking back at us and were probably thinking that they should have sat at the bar too.

We had to modify our trip to accomodate Mrs. Fury's parents, but it was great seeing them enjoy the islands, like taking a child to Disneyland. Waikiki was very busy with tourists (like us) but was still a lot of fun. Next time we would do Oahu first and then another island or stay on the North Shore. Have fun!

As posted by others, the Halekulani had by far the best Mai Tais (and appetizers), service, and the best spot to listen to music. I could have sat there for hours....I don't remember the name of the band but they were excellent.....

For the steel players out there....I know you are looking Bong....

Aloha!

T

On 2007-04-18 09:07, bongofury wrote:

Thank you for sharing your pics, bongofury, they are very well done. The House Without a Key is one of my favorite spots, too. Thanks for the tip about watching the Royal Hawaiian luau from the bar next door, that info could come in handy.

Where is this? Could you share what you know about it?

We brought other fashions by Monkeyman, Puamana, Tiki Diablo, Bamboo Ben, and here we see one of her favorites by PolynesianPop...

I see you got the PolynesianPop shirt with Cabana Boy on the shoulder.

Pages: 1 4 replies