Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Enchanted Tiki Room Dress - Size Question

Pages: 1 9 replies

Ok, the wahine is making me ask this... :oops: But for anybody who owns the Enchanted Tiki Room dress from the Disney Store, I hope you can help her out.

The wahine wants to purchase the dress, but is unsure of which size to get. She normally wears a size 6/Medium, and she is pretty petite (5'2"). She is divided between a small and a medium, and the size chart on the website isn't a whole lot of help.

My ETR shirt was cut pretty comfortable, so she is concerned a medium might be a big large. Do any dress owners have insight on which might be better?

Many thanks!!

C

I do own one & my experience is that it runs fairly generous in it's proportions. I'm thinking she'll be good with a Small without a problem.

Yeah, think QVC sizing on it. - I'm anywhere from a 4 (Kohl's) to an 8/10 (Macy's), and I'd go for a small.

Hey, what happened to the models on that link!?
Where's Humuhumu? And Kevin?

At least the dress price has dropped -
Oh, I get it now:

Those are the discount models!!

What I really want is to find some of that FABRIC! I was almost tempted to buy one of these dresses on sale now, figuring that it was cheap enough to get one and still be able to afford to have a dressmaker completely overhaul it. But after S&H, I just can't buy a dress for $50 when I only want the fabric and can't wear the style :(

Anybody got a bolt of this lying around?

Avoiding dropwaist dresses with extra gathers at the hip that are just dying to add another 20 lbs,
F

CL

They run very very large. I think Humuhumu said a small was too big on her.

Ha!
An XXSmall is too large on Humu!

Is the given size chart (which looks pretty specific to me) inaccurate? The waists are all huge, of course, because it essentially drops to the hip.

CL

The size chart overall is close. However, given the cut of the dress, I still think the sizes are larger then the chart reflects...because of the fit. The arm holes are cut high and not loose, it's tight across the top of the chest, and then into a lots of material. A lot of people have simply shortened the dresses into minis or baby dolls and they look adorable.

Ok, she opted for a Small, and I placed the order yesterday. She wants the dress for Tiki Oasis, so we have plenty of time to return it if necessary.

Her concern is that, because she is somewhat well endowed, a small might be tight across the chest region. Bad for her, good for me. :D

Pages: 1 9 replies