Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Weather Rant

Pages: 1 7 replies

It's April #&^%! 17th and it's snowing. What the #(&^@*? I know VT and NY are getting clobbered worse than this but I don't see them griping so I'll gripe for them: It's supposed to be spring!!!!! It's above 40 once all month and below freezing almost every night. The next the guy that mentions global warming to me is getting an earful and maybe a bust in the nose. I just wanna go outside!

Oh, and Mother Nature-- thanks for the flooding too. Washed away all the grass seed I was dumb enough to put down not to mention part of the driveway. And there's nothing like a cold snap after days of flooding. I guess I can show Harry how to ise skate in front yard now. Gaaaaaaaah!

OK--thanks for listening. Feel free to bitch about your own weather--I've got a sympathetic ear.

Last weekend the sun was shinning bright and i had to use the air conditioner in my car....so i decided to take out all my spring/summer clothes and pack up all my warm fuzzies.........just as fast as i could put on a summer dress the rain came.....so sad

D

This weather no doubt sucks, however I'm not surprised. I can remember many years prior where we thought Spring and the warmer temperatures were here to stay and then BAM, it's cold again or it snows or something wierd happens, so I'm not totally up in arms about this, although it would be nice to walk around without a jacket and may be go for a bike ride more often. As far as global warming is concerned, whether or not it's an immediate threat, I think it's real and still worth looking into and raising awareness about. Global warming is getting flack from some camps, and I say what's wrong with being conscious about making the world a cleaner place? I feel like if the "don't litter" campaign of the 70s was started now that would get flack. "Hey you shouldn't litter, it's bad for the environment","What? that's a bunch of BS. I'm gonna throw this Coke bottle on your grammas lawn anyway.".... I'm not so sure global warming is totally about just being warmer in winter. I think it effects weather in all seasons

TM

You are absolutely right, DonhoNYC.

Everytime it gets cold or snows, people say "what global warming?".

They have not bothered to read the science behind it. Global warming does not mean that starting tomorrow, we get 80 degree weather from now on, and it is never going to get cold again. No scientist has said that.

It does mean that summers will be hotter, and storms more powerful, and certain areas (like mine) will have drier winters and spring. But it will happen over time. So slowly, in fact, that the people who have fought tooth and nail to deny that global warming is caused by man, will be long gone! Dead and buried!

I won't even have the satisfaction of saying----"see??We told you!!"

Seems like the classic case of believing my own eyes or believing what the politicians say.

The weather is totally pissing me off. I feel like one of those old dudes that complains about the weather all the time and watches the weather channel. Not cool.

These pictures are nothing out of the ordinary except for the fact that I took them on April 16th.

The snow was really really wet and heavy. It snowed and then it rained and then it snowed. Everything is just wet and cold. It feels like it's going to be months before this all dries up. This all fits into the global warming thing which, if you read about, says that we're going to see more weather extremes and freaky weather. This qualifies as freaky to me.

TM

I got to say, though....it looks awful fun!. I am sure you are about sick of it now, but I would not mind snow like that for a change!

I think Syracuse is a awesome place. I always imagined Faber College from "Animal house" was somewhere over there. Perhaps even the Dexter Lake club.

The local weather guy said it was a "tulip toppling, crocus crushing, April snow." I guess we can get a storm this late in the season once every 25 years or so. I got some serious cabin fever going on and I just want to stand outside in the sunshine.

Pages: 1 7 replies