Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New Disney Tiki Inspired Statues- Check Them Out

Pages: 1 11 replies

Saw this on Cartoon Brew and then clicked on to the Disney Shopping Website. Some very hideous "Tiki" inspired statues of Donald, Goofy and Mickey. They all look, well, a little something...either mad or constipated. Disney shopping is stooping to a new low! I believe they are based upon statues at the Polynesian in Walt Disney World, but do not remember them. Here is the link to Disney shopping, click on it if you dare! Disney Shopping

[ Edited by: Matterhorn1959 2007-04-17 06:18 ]

Please notify Disney I will exercise my right NOT to purchase their "Tiki?" creations. I fortunately live in a heavily wooded area thus eliminating the need to purchase firewood!

wow....that goofy one is terrifying. I do like that set of sheets though. Looks comfy. :D

T

Walt, would be so proud !!!!

I'm not crazy about them, and wont buy them, but I have seen worse.
I thought there was something kinda oddly cool about them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Those THINGS are horrible and you just know a well meaning relative will give you one as a present.

Yes, the "Disneykis" look like crap to me as well, but I saw the table next to the bed, and that is nice, as well as the masks hanging above the bed! Now when will Disney decide to sell merchandise like that!?
http://as7.dsi.go.com/is-viewers/flash/genericzoom.swf?image=DisneyShopping/51693MS&config=DisneyShopping/RenderSetConfigDefaults&logo2=false"]

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2007-04-17 10:18 ]

Wow ... Just when I think that Disney has hit it's low point...Bam...They come up with something new that makes me want to ralph.

P-I-T-I-F-U-l........

On 2007-04-17 10:17, Tom Slick wrote:
Yes, the "Disneykis" look like crap to me as well, but I saw the table next to the bed, and that is nice, as well as the masks hanging above the bed! Now when will Disney decide to sell merchandise like that!?
http://as7.dsi.go.com/is-viewers/flash/genericzoom.swf?image=DisneyShopping/51693MS&config=DisneyShopping/RenderSetConfigDefaults&logo2=false"]

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2007-04-17 10:18 ]

The masks do look cool. I see they found a tiki mug to put on the table too! (The drink on the table looks like it could use some dark rum and pineapple juice in it! LOL!!!!

MT

They fired Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily, who's Disney Catalog merchandise stuff was like the best ever

and replaced it with this crap???

That is corporate decision making at it's finest!!!

I can't believe it, Kevin was fired (what the heck?)? Any info. on what happened? That is really sad.

Pages: 1 11 replies