Four Tiki Bars
Polynesian Food
Tiki Carving
Lei Making

1pm - 8pm Poolside
9pm - Midnight Trader Vic's Lounge

$20 in advance
$25 day of show
(Price includes 1 food and 1 drink coupon)

Ticket: http://www.xorbia.com/tickets

Trader Vic's Downtown Hilton 255 Courtland Street 404.221.6339

Sponsors: Trader Vic's, Keep Atlanta Beautiful, Atlanta's Finest Dining, Creative Loafing, Tiki Farm

[ Edited by: Swamp Tiki 2007-04-22 14:03 ]

CL

Very nice. Sounds like a great time. Wish we were closer. Well perhaps next year. :)

Hmmm...I have been wanting to take a trip to Atlanta anyway and have friends there to stay with. I might have to pop over for this one! Anyone else going? Might be a chance for me to finally meet someone off TC!
Trader Vic's there is also doing a Tuesday night deal right now where you buy a drink and get to keep the mug. Wish they would do it for this event!

If you go, you'll love Tongo Hiti. At my request, they did a terrific version of Girl From Ipanema. (Their vibes player wasn't there, so a lot of exotica was out.) They're a perfect fit for that place.

Aaaah, Trader Vic's Atlanta! The last of the great ones in the U.S.! Sigh.

Thought I'd post the events poster for kicks...

G

On 2007-04-20 12:44, bigbrotiki wrote:
Aaaah, Trader Vic's Atlanta! The last of the great ones in the U.S.! Sigh.

The last? You have seen the recent Dallas TV pics, right? Judging from those pics, Atlanta has a challenger. And the Dallas location is actually older by about 10 years I think, but as we all know, was closed for a good bit of time.

Here is additional information...See ya by da puhl.

Trader Vic’s celebrates 31 years of exotic dining, Polynesian cuisine and island-inspired cocktails with its first festival-style anniversary party, Lavapalooza 2007. On May 19, guests will enjoy a full day and night of luau-style food options, Trader Vic’s signature Mai Tais, a variety of native-island activities and live entertainment by the Tongo Hiti band, headed by Mike Geier of Kingsized, with Monkey Zuma and Dames A’Flame. In addition, Trader Vic’s anniversary party will give back to the city of Atlanta by making a charitable donation of Lavapalooza ticket sales to Keep Atlanta Beautiful.

“Keep Atlanta Beautiful is delighted to participate in Trader Vic’s celebration of downtown Atlanta. We look forward to a great day of festivities and the opportunity to build partnerships for cleaner and greener downtown communities,” says Chairman of the Board, Aaron Turpeau.

The celebration will begin at 1:00 p.m. by the Hilton Atlanta poolside. This area will contain multiple food stations including a pig roast carving station, barbeque pork spare-ribs, Kung Pao chicken and grilled Kobe Hanger steak. In addition, there will be four tiki bars complete with Trader Vic’s world famous fruity concoctions, beer selections and spirit options. As if good food and drinks weren’t enough, Lavapalooza will feature various activity stations such as tiki carving and hula lessons along with interactive lei making lead by Steve Latour, otherwise known as ‘The Real Lei Man’. Additionally, Derek Yaniger, an artist known for his native island-themed paintings, will be attending the Trader Vic’s anniversary party accompanied by other special guests– to be announced soon.

“Trader Vic’s Lavapalooza is our chance to celebrate downtown Atlanta – the same community that has supported the restaurant since 1976,” says Hilton Atlanta Director of Food and Beverage, David Piscola. “Hilton Atlanta and Keep Atlanta Beautiful partnered for this event because we pursue the same goal: To keep the neighborhoods in which we live, work and play, an inviting and beautiful place to be for many years to come.”

Lavapalooza tickets can be purchased in advance via Xorbia at http://www.xorbia.com and the at Trader Vic’s restaurant for $20 or at the door for $25. All tickets include one drink and one food coupon with a portion of the proceeds benefiting Keep Atlanta Beautiful. Hilton is also offering a special $150 package that includes two tickets and an overnight stay. For more information on tickets or if you want to be part of the celebrations showcasing your Tiki culture please contact General Manager, Pallava Goenka at 404.221.6339 or [email protected].

Trader Vic’s opened in the lower level of the Hilton Atlanta in 1976 and celebrates 31 years. The restaurant’s unique entryway, festooned with tropical flora and tall wooden tikis, introduces guests to its overall Pacific Islander theme. Named after well-renowned traveler “Trader Vic” Bergeron, the restaurant maintains a worldly atmosphere with its festive décor including colorful glass buoys suspended from bamboo rafters, batik prints, turtle shells and paintings of natives decorating the walls. Trader Vic’s creative menu features Polynesian cuisine, fresh seafood dishes, luau-style dinners and smoked delicacies from the Chinese wood-fire oven. The exotic atmosphere and offerings continue in the restaurant’s Mai Tai lounge with their signature tropical cocktails. For more information, please visit http://www.tradervicsatlanta.com.

This was sent to me by the General Manager of Trader Vic's this afternoon.

Swamp

I plan to be there...anyone else? It'd be nice to meet some folks from here!

S

On 2007-04-21 16:06, Swamp Tiki wrote:
Thought I'd post the events poster for kicks...

So Swampy, how might one pick up one of said poster if one lives on the left coast?

G

On 2007-04-26 20:37, SouthBamaTiki wrote:
I plan to be there...anyone else? It'd be nice to meet some folks from here!

I SO wish we could. But it's not in the cards. Take pictures and post them here please! I'll whip up some drinks and stare at them longingly...

I wish we could make it, we were at the 30th aniversarry last year and had a great time, unfortunately I don't think it's in the cards right now.

Here's some photos for those that missed this great event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashzelly
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ataricharm

Mahalo!

Pages: 1 12 replies