Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

An original black velvet from the Tahitian Lanai

Pages: 1 9 replies

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 17, 2003 1:30 AM

ALoha friends,
This is a original black velvet from da romantic Tahitian Lanai.

I'm da new proud owner of this piece. I wen get em from a buddies antique shop dat TikiBong wen get his Koa furniture from. I forget da name of his shop...it's such a easy name too!!! ova by da Zoo...anyways

He wanted $300 fo it but, lucky me I too always carry a tiki in da car incase someone like barter. So, I tradded one of my tiki's for dis Nani Li'i "little beauty"

It's not a Leeteg cuz if it was she would be worth more than $300....mo like $1500 and he would neva wen traded em. It is a Bill Erwin. Erwin had his art displayed in da Tahitian Lanai along with Leeteg.

I'm going to make a bamboo frame for it and carve "Tahitian Lanai" on da bottom of da frame. I'll post pics wen I'm done.

enjoy

-Erwin-
Honolulu
is how it's signed

this is the beautiful lagoon that you could walk out to from da Tahitian Lanai. I just wanted to snap some shots of my carving by this beautiful lagoon.

I'll post disturbing pics of what's left over of the Tahitian Lanai when I get a chance.

Aloha

J

Gecko - great find and again another awesome carving - the lagoon is a beautiful backdrop and makes me sick with envy now they we had more damn snow last night! God will this winter ever end!!!!!!

:drink:

Lizard Carver,
Score! Tahitian Lanai was da kine! I have place mats to remind me of it. Great times were had there between Mrs.Boo and I. Got to find investors and erect another!

That's one for the National Tiki Preserve...gotta be up there with anything else ever found by this board! One day when I win the lottery and build that "Loon Lake Lodge" (huge, cool place we always eat at with a northwoods lodge theme in Indianapolis) style huge tiki fantasy drink and dining mecca I plan to include a 50-foot long glass-walled diorama-gone-museum with actual artifacts for the public's viewing pleasure from the great tiki temples of old. I got this idea when the Imp. Luau tikis surfaced. If that happens I'll give you a couple grand, okay?

G

Bradda John,

SNOW? what is dat? oh, you mean shave ice ya? we don't call dem snow cones ova here. ya I like strawberry banana flavor!.....hehehe Sorry bradda, I'll send you some Hawaiian salt to throw on da curb!

Boobam Ben, Yes bradda dat was one good score!!
To bad TL is no longer with us...lets do it cuz, I'll go half! we can re-erect da Tahitian Lanai den you can sign your half over to me so I can take care of it while you on da mainland!! We should open our own TL there in California. HO, dat would be CHERRY!

BK, Sounds like a good idea man! I'm into good ideas so, if you need a buisness partner let me know!

Gecko,
Is the space where T-Lanai used to be the corp. headquarters for L&L? Is it true that L&L and ABC are merging to take over every retail store in the chain of Hawaii? How many are there now days? 10,000? Crazy man! E-mail me your mailing address.
Aloha & Mahalo!

Gecko!

Cool score. The place you got it at is The Hawaiian Antique Mall owned by Joe O'Neil, no?

I always remember it as being across the street from Fernando's malasada place (mmmm).

Hey, get ready for me and mine and Al & Shelly on April 19!

G

good morning peopo,

I jus wen finish my spam, eggs and sticky rice breakfast.....da hit da spot!

ya Bong, dats where I wen get em from. Joe wen made me happy dat day! you probubly notice in my pictures on TC I wen gained some weight since I last seen you and da wife......Those DAM malasadas!! love dem malasadas from cross da street. I usually stop in there afta my visit from Joes shop.
Joe said "howzit" by da way.

Ey, I'll see you guys in April fo sum one grinds and plenny drinks at LaMariana.

Aloha braddahz

The formula for success is ALOHA!

G

Oh, i wen forget braddah Ben,

I wen emailed you already Ben, dats why i forget.

I really don't know about da ting of da TL being da head corp for L&L? there is nuting der now....u like L&L grinds huh Ben? cuz you always talkin bout dem guys! wat you're favorite order? mix plate?

later cuz

I shipped them quite a few Bamboo counter faces. I don't know why but Eddie (the ceo) digs my bamboo.They already had someone else do Ala Moana and he didn't like it so they ripped it out and I rushed a counter face to them. I just know they are taking over the world and plate lunch will be everywhere.(53 in Hi.?) Did a few out here too. Gardena, Costa Mesa. The latter is at the Maurikai(sp?) super market. Mmmmmm. That place rocks! Gardena is the smallest store and they sell more plate lunch than any other location including HI.. I wonder why? Eddie Florez has a good thing going.

Pages: 1 9 replies