Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Happy Spring!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Happy Spring! Spring has finally arrived here in my land of sometime ice and snow. Today for me is the first day of spring. I haven't accepted the notion that spring is a date on the calendar for a long time. Spring never comes on the same day each year because Old Man Winter doesn't loosen his grip based on the calendar. When it's spring you just know it. There is a smell in the air that's different. It's fresh and it smells like Spring. Spring was a long time coming this year. Came later than usual. For those that don't live in a land that sleeps part of the year under a blanket of snow I don't think Spring has, or could have, the same importance. When I was a lad in college we celebrated Spring by blasting Robin Trower on the stereo and consuming beer while we stood outside in the sunshine. Today things for me are more subdued and more reflective. This year Spring is all the more exciting because it has been so late in coming. I honor the first day of Spring with my first fire of the year in my Tiki Fire Bowl. I stood outside by the fire today with a Dark and Stormy ( Gosling's Black Seal rum and ginger beer with a wedge of lime ) and gave thanks for Spring.

The faithful beast was with me. My wife is off for a girls night out which left the beast and I to make fire. Man, beast, and fire. Nothing wrong with that. Primeval.

All I needed was some raw meat to throw on the coals as the fire burned down. Except I was burning up the floor from a kitchen remodel job. Too many carcinogens. I'm going to have a salad for dinner.

Happy Spring to all.

Happy Spring right back atcha! About time, eh?

spring Hell, it felt like Summer today to me 80* F.
oh sorry I'm in So. Cal.
:)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Spring has sprung
The grass has rizz
I wonder where
The flowers izz

-source: an old parakeet training record

Pages: 1 3 replies