Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

4-28-07 Smoking Menehunes appearing live with special guests Spike and Squid

Pages: 1 7 replies

TM

Yes, we will be joined at our next gig with special guests Spike (Lucky designs) on guitar and Squid on drums- this looks to be a magical, exciting evening when Squid amps the whole thing up a notch with his outstanding drum playing, and Spike, (one of the founding original members of the Smoking Menehunes)brings his rocking surf guitar into the mix!

here is the original Link:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=23133&forum=17&start=90&102&PHPSESSID=063b93021354c992d6e4875621809373

F-ing bump!!!

On 2007-04-21 10:00, lucas vigor wrote:
F-ing bump!!!

Spike?

From the DeFunctbucket??

WTF??

No more war??

Damn!!

There goes my fun!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Did Bong put the Pipe down?

This is crazy!!!

Is Al showing up too???

S

Wooooo-freakin-Hoooooooo! Spike ta boot? Yowzah! Now I gots ta figure how to cram all me merchandise AND a drum kit into the the old black box of doom.....

Don't worry Boo. This lovey dovey stuff will only last for one gig. This is the 1st annual farewell tour, dontcha know. I'll chuck a stick at Bong on the last tune to start a fist fight and keep you happy.

Can't wait! Yeeeehaaaaaaw!!!!!

TM

On 2007-04-22 20:29, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2007-04-21 10:00, lucas vigor wrote:
F-ing bump!!!

Spike?

From the DeFunctbucket??

WTF??

No more war??

Damn!!

There goes my fun!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Did Bong put the Pipe down?

This is crazy!!!

Is Al showing up too???

No more war. War is not healthy for children, and other living things!

See, Spike was in a band called "the originals" and Bong was in a band called "the lovely lads", and they looked at each other and thought "we had better start a band together". Then they became "the new originals" (because there was another Squatney band already called "the originals") and later changed their name to the "thamesmen", then again to the "smoking menehunes"

They wrote songs like:
"Big Bottomed Tiki"
"listen, to what the Tiki people say"
"Tiki Farm woman"
"Tiki hole"
"there's a Tiki at the end of the rainbow"
"Bong's place" (Eee-ahh-Bongs")"There's a mighty waikiki wind a-blowing"

And for this gig, we will be showcasing the new version of The Smoking Menehunes mark 2, "free form surf/tiki exploration" by our bass player (me) who wrote this.

TM

And, we have have got armadillos!

The answer is: None blacker!

TM

Bonghenge

"In ancient times, long before the dawn of man, lived a strange race of beings: The smoking f-ing Menehunes.
No one knew, who they were-or, wot they were doin'!
But their legacy remains, hewn into the living rock
Of Bonghenge."

TM

c'mon, Kadz and Kitaens!

Let's grind our stilleto heels into the eyesockets of our pro-baseball playing husbands, and sing along with the f-ing Smoking Menehunes!!

We are even gonna whip out the fez hats for this gig!!!!!!

There is a limited edition Smoking Menehune re-(gabrielle)union tour mug!!! Yeah, an f-ing MUG!!!!!!!

We even got a new song for all of yaz, 'n it goes a little sumptin' like this:

"Gotta gotta gotta get yer head in the game, getcha head in the game-wildcats in da house-were all in this togetha-this could be the start, of something new, bop to the top, I'm flyin', I'm soarin'"

Pages: 1 7 replies