Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

GMAN/Poptiki - The 'Biter' Ceramic Pendant - First of the Customs (eBay Auction)!!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

H
Helz posted on Sun, Apr 22, 2007 12:10 PM

The Story:

About a year or so ago, I had the pleasure to meet the incomperable GMAN at the now infamous South Florida Tiki Jam I. Ever since, I have been an admirer of his work and particularly his pendants. So Pop and I were sitting around one Saturday, and we were thinking, "I bet you could make a mold of one of them." So we contacted G, and the "Biter" was on his way. It's been a bumpy road to get them produced, but finally we have the first run of 10 ready for the Ohana...

These are not resin, but ceramic (stoneware) pendants. All are glazed in the Turkish Amber glaze pictured, and they measure 3" high and weigh around an ounce. They're $35 + $5 for shipping. Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for looking, and stay tuned!!!

[ Edited by: HelzTiki 2007-04-29 13:48 ]

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Apr 22, 2007 12:39 PM

Happy Happy Happy!!!!!!!!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Apr 24, 2007 8:30 AM

Bumpity bump bump...

Whoa, I missed this the first time around. That looks terrific! The glaze turned out really nice. Does it have a texture to it like it appears, or is that an effect of the glaze? Congrats to everyone involved!

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2007-04-24 08:43 ]

T

Can't wait to see mine up close and personal. I really liked this carving when GMAN first posted it! Now I get a chance for the GMAN look with the Poptiki & Helzer style!

Tikisgrl.

J

Does anybody else get the red X picture, or is it just me?

JP

On 2007-04-27 05:53, JohnnyP wrote:
Does anybody else get the red X picture, or is it just me?

JP

I can see the image fine.

Are you trying to view from your work computer? If so, your company's internet filters might be blocking the site where the image is being hosted (in this case flikr.com). I know I have the same problem with some of the other image hosting services that people use. Also, if you're viewing from work -- cut it out! :P Speaking of which, I've got TPS reports to run...

H
Helz posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2007 1:13 PM

Ahhh...

Now that we got the brown ones off to the races, it's time for me to get involved in the process as well.

So I took a one off, custom colored (textured silver) Biter that we only made one of and gave it a little HelzTiki Style with some puka shells and Indian Glass beads....

He's on eBay right now, looking for a good home

Thanks for looking, and enjoy!

• Helz
H
Helz posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2007 1:50 PM

Oh...and Fink...that's just the glaze, the finish is smooth, baby.

H
Helz posted on Sun, May 6, 2007 7:43 AM

Shameless bump.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, May 8, 2007 4:41 PM

No shame....

Pages: 1 10 replies