Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What's your Tiki budget?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I'm a bit of a low rent m-fer myself so I try not to spend over five bucks on anything. I've been pretty lucky with my e-bay purchases and other finds. The cool thing is when friends and family find out that you are into tiki that is what they get you for x-mas and birthdays.
I don't look at any of my tiki stuff as an investment, I just like the good company they provide. Luckily my pad is small so I'm pretty much maxed out. I haven't bought anything besides vinyl records in about a year.
Some of you seem like pretty hardcore collectors though. Anyone getting ultilties shut off because you spent all your dough on tiki?

My boyfriend and I are both college students so of course we can't afford anything over $10 usually! We aren't trying to collect everything tiki out there though, just what we like....but if we really like it we'll live cheap for a while in order to own it! We are quickly amassing tons of tiki records, a couple are even signed (but I have no idea who they are). They are always the cheapest thing to buy around here. I can't imagine shelling out tons of money for some tiki right now....I wonder if we will be like that when we are older? Hmmmm....

Happy Tiki Hunting!

L

My tiki budget is -6,000.00 and getting worse every day!

M

Usually it goes something like this:

Highly sought after Tik mug, yaaae!

or

Insulin prescription, harummph?

Tiki mug!!!....insulin? TIKI MUG, or insulin? The room is getting darker, TEE-Kee mug!!! or insu...whaaa, why are you here Grandma? Tee, but I don't wanna go to the light Grandma, -sulin...what's a tee-sulin?

Floating now, yee wooo...What, the friggin' mug costs how much, barnacles!

Lousy insulin,
midnite

Heh, a friend came over once, looked over all my tiki swag and asked how much money I wasted on "this crap".
I asked him how much he spends on weed every week.
"Uh, at least $100."
That's over 5 grand a year!

Pages: 1 4 replies