Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New Crazed Mug

Pages: 1 4 replies

P

There will never be another Rusty Key.
We weren't really looking for one and to be quite frank, I was about over the whole thing after he passed away.
He and I worked on an elemental level that you only find maybe twice in a musical lifetime.
I miss him still. Every day.

But I'm still writing these songs and having some fun with the genre and remembered fondly a day spent on International TIki Day - the Second Saturday of Each August (© Tiki Bong), when Rusty and I were jamming with Hot Lava at Clancy's Tiki Bar in Bradenton.

Hot Lava also came over to the Lagoon to jam a few months ago and I remembered how funky his uke stylings were.
So I asked him if he wanted to be a Crazed Mug.

Today I get a couple of his originals on mp3 and they are a perfect match for what we are trying to do, which is have fun and create an atmosphere for others to have fun.

So, it's official.
Hot Lava. You have been crazed. Koka Nut and I will bean you in the head with the ceremonial mug soon.
Of course anyone who drives around in traffic playing the uke, as Haole Kat Josh once witnessed before we ever met you, was already crazed, so maybe maybe we're just adding to the effect.

Anyway.
The Mugs are looking forward to making the Hukilau a miserable experience with sad and mournful tunes of despair and woe.

And owls.

What exciting news! Congratulations Hot Lava! I can't wait to see you all play at the Hukilau together. Will there be a new CD available this year?

S

That's good news. Hot Lava is a fine additiion to your band of [insert metaphore here].

To Rusty

Good to hear that the music still goes on.

And that the owls are back.

can't wait to witness.

Pages: 1 4 replies