Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Giant Brandy Snifters at Walmart

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

I was just at Walmart this morning and found in their summer housewares section that they have giant plastic brandy snifters. I found they had either green plastic or orange plastic stems on them with clear plastic bodies. These are great for the top of a tiki bar or heck a great big tiki drink. At $6 they can't be beat and being plastic can't get broken.

I also found in the dollar section at Target they have a set of 2 glazed ceramic pots holding citronella candles for $2.50.

I just can't seem to get my head around drinking out of plastic vessels. I realise how they are much more convenient and they're not gonna break at parties, but I don't like the way they feel. Glass or ceramic is the only way for me to really enjoy my Tiki drinks.

I may be the only one, though.

J

Nope. You're not alone on this one, Haole'akamai! Things just don't taste right in plastic or acrylic!

D

But they are great for those friends who are clumsy or just fun decoration.

On 2007-04-24 06:36, Dawn32 wrote:
I was just at Walmart this morning and found in their summer housewares section that they have giant plastic brandy snifters. I found they had either green plastic or orange plastic stems on them with clear plastic bodies. These are great for the top of a tiki bar or heck a great big tiki drink. At $6 they can't be beat and being plastic can't get broken.

I also found in the dollar section at Target they have a set of 2 glazed ceramic pots holding citronella candles for $2.50.

Hey! ...(huh?)

G

On 2007-04-24 09:03, Haole'akamai wrote:
I may be the only one, though.

No you're not.

P

Up in the right hand side of this window, there is a button that says "search."
Click it and put in the words "untiki" and click the new button that says "search."

There you'll find many, many spledid things similar to what you're referencing in this post.

But at my place we'd just make melty fire globs out of them.
(...and then sell it as Tiki Art.)

Pages: 1 6 replies