Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

Without exaggeration, I must have seen 150 Aloha shirts at the Brimfield Flea Market this week. I thought of you Kate every time I saw a rack of them. You are the Goddess of Aloha!

P.S.: My Brimfield & other recent finds will be appearing on Tiki Finds tonight! Stay tuned!

Killer shirts

Dustycajun! Where'd you find that suit!

On 2009-05-15 15:02, Krisdrama wrote:
Dustycajun! Where'd you find that suit!

That's Tiki-Kate's suit of course

DC

Very nice collection Kate quite large I had no idea. It will be fun to see the colors and patterns jump into life when Sven's book is released. Cheers!

My closet fell apart a few weeks ago, and I'm having trouble finding replacement parts for the ones that broke. So I went out and got more shirts because shopping makes everything better, right?

Boris gave me these first two.

I found another pair of swim trunks. They fit me pretty well.

Here are a couple of dresses that will need some alterations.

Newer shirts

Vintage shirts

TK -Absolutely digging this thread with so many unique vintage tiki patterns.
You can never have too many tiki shirts!

It was a weird week for tiki wear. I normally find a dress every month or two, but I ended up with four in one week.

The first two fit perfectly just as they are. (That's also a freak occurrence.)

These next two will need some alterations. Although Ookoo taught me the muumuu clip trick this weekend, so maybe not.

I haven't tried on the swim trunks yet. :)

AF

Outstanding Kate! You certainly seem to have a nose for clothes, you're able to "sniff" out so many!

A frame

great collection!!!! kate, amazing!

Since I got rid of so many shirts last Friday, I had a little room in the closet to add a few more.

I couldn't resist the Toes on the Nose shirts at Oasis.

I picked this one up on ebay. I fell completely in love with this design.

I found this dress about a week ago. I have this same pattern on a few shirts, but this is the first time I'd seen it on a dress. It fits too.

This is officially the oldest item in my collection of Tikiwear. I've been told by two different people that it's from the 1940's. Unfortunately, there's a ton of damage on the shoulders. I think that when I have it altered we'll do some cut outs up there along with taking it in a little at the waist.

Yeah I love my lime green Shag shirt from Oasis.I am just curious as to when he was signing
them though.I got there Saturday and don't believe he was there on Saturday or Sunday.
Did they start selling these shirts on Friday at Oasis ??

He was signing them on Saturday afternoon from 3:30 to 4:30.

I really love this Tiki Room shirt right down to the awesome hang tag.

I've picked up a few other newer shirts recently.

More vintage shirts.

This shirt only has two tikis, but they're pink, and I couldn't resist it.

This one has a great PNG design.

I have one shirt made of Shaheen fabric, but this was actually produced by Shaheen.

I love that there's little tiki on the sail of the boat.

And I found another pair of swim trunks. They kind of match one of my shirts.

On 2009-10-11 19:01, Tiki-Kate wrote:
And I found another pair of swim trunks. They kind of match one of my shirts.

Them's CHOPPIN' shorts!!! :D

Nice score on the Shaheen shirt!

Hmm. Chopping shorts? Maybe next summer. They need a little OxiClean before I even attempt to try them on. :D

T

Quick update so I can throw everything into the hamper.

These first two were given to me by ookoo. Much appreciated. :)

I found these three dresses yesterday. The last two will require the muumuu clip.

Haven't been finding many shirts lately. Everyone seems to have switched over to selling flannel. Plus, I keep getting pickier all the time. There has to be enough tikis on the shirt, and I really really have to like them, etc.

I like the green/blue/white one above, as well as many others.

Very nice collection.

T

I just wanted to give the thread a quick update so I could get everything that's hanging around my room into the laundry. I stopped shopping in early December. I've even stayed off of eBay.

These first two were given to me by Bora Boris aka The Enabler. He always says he's not going to buy me any more shirts... Thanks for lying to me, Boris. :wink:

I picked up a nice Toes on the Nose with the Mr. Bali Hai mug and a Spooner with the Trader Vic's logo at an antique store. Not exactly antiques. Fine by me.

I found this on eBay. It was cheap, and I was jonesing for shirts at the time. The moais are cute.

I found this vintage Iolani at a flea market.

I also picked up this vintage dress.

Hopefully, in a few months, I'll be back to my regular shopping routine.

Good to see you back in action Kate! except now I am going to have to battle you again for cool shirts online ! :lol:

Kate's Kanvasses are among the best Tiki trappings out there. Always a treat, some more here for the LOT!

A

I was looking for a place to post this, and settled on this thread for two contrived reasons - (a) it's fun to look at Kate's collection of shirts again, and (b) she'd probably love this ad.

I don't understand why these didn't catch on! This is clearly a bunch of hip, trend-setting guys, who would normally set the sartorial standard that others aspire to. And think of the practicality - no more worrying about which pants go with which shirt!

-Randy

I was reading again on Ooga Mooga today and re-visited Viva Kate which lead me here. I have seen these pages a dozen times but today it doesn't matter, Kate was on my mind it's fun to read her thoughts. What a tremendous collection, you're missed Kate...

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-06-04 10:14 ]

Pages: 1 2 70 replies