Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Martini Monkey specialty drink featured in new book

Pages: 1 6 replies

For those of us who get both feet in the trough at the Martini Monkey, and who find Jay Crabb's work behind the bar there to be truly spiritual...it's no surprize that his fantastic Gin Drink "The Aviator" is featurd in a new book "Food & Wine's Cocktails 2007"

The book should be available at Borders, Barnes and Noble...and maybe at Terminal C of San Jose Intl.

Congradulations Jay, get out the autograph pen.

Cheers

Yeah! Jay's amazing and I'm really glad he's gonna get more recognition. Good on ya!

J

I found that book at the check-out counter at my local Long's Drug store and picked it up there last week.

M

I just popped into Martini Monkey on my way out of San Jose yesterday morning. I had an Aviator, and fell in love with it. I've found the recipe reprinted on the web, but none of them mention the specific gin that MM uses in the drink. Does anyone here know what brand it was?

Mahalo in Advance.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2007-12-20 04:05 ]

We are currently using Sarticious Gin from Santa Cruz, CA. We have used Van Gogh, Junipero, and Aviation Gins in the past, but my two favorites are local gins Sarticious and Junipero (San Fran).

Thank you for stopping in the other day and trying our Aviator cocktail. Much appreciated!!!

Happy Holidays,
CHEERS!!!

Jay Crabb
Martini Monkey Bar & Lounge
San Jose Int'l Airport
Terminal C

• Just as a side note: we are now officially BEHIND security, but look for a Martini Monkey outside of the airport in late 2008. SALUD!!

Nothing like hearing the answer straight from the Martini Monkey's mouth, as it were...:) Thanks Jay!

And kudos to the bartender on duty (wish I could remember his name). It's pretty rare to see someone in an airport bar, or any bar, spend so much time crafting a drink at 10:00am on a Saturday morning.

MT

Jay just posted the recipe for his new holiday drink, "Christmas In A Cocktail Glass" on Tiki Central. You can find the recipe here. Enjoy, it's a fantastic drink, especially for the holidays!

Pages: 1 6 replies