Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

BarTiki Limited Edition Mug Launch at Mugoomba!

Pages: 1 38 replies

TM

You know, I've always thought that our Tiki logo would make for a cool mug design. Well, I'm excited to announce the official release of the BarTiki Limited Edition Tiki Mug! This mug (limited to only 200 mugs) is based on my logo and brought to life by my pal Holden at Tiki Farm. We'll be doing the mug launch at Mugoomba (Tiki Farm's legendary Tiki Bar) in San Clemente on Saturday May 12th from 7pm - 11pm. Click HERE for a map to Mugoomba. We'll provide the Mai Tai's (the world famous Tiki Farm Mai Tai Machine will be up and running), but you can bring the munchies. The mug will be available for purchase and includes a numbered tag. There is a limit of 2 mugs per person, and the cost is $25 per mug.
On May 13th, I will post a secret link so that those of you on Tiki Central that can't make it to the release party can purchase the mug before I release it on my website to the public. If you have any questions or if you need more information on the mug release, please email me at .

WOW Matt!

Great job and congrats! :D

For those who haven't met them in person the guys at Bar Tiki are the BEST!

I'll be off playin' Tiki Bocce that day, (not sure how that's gonna go for me! :lol: ) so I'll be lookin' for that "secret password"! :wink:

Sweet mug! See you on the 12th.

M

I hope to see a lot of you on the 12th at Mugoomba. If you haven't been to one of our little Mugoomba parties, you're in for a good time! Maybe even you, too can BREAKDAMUG!!

S
squid posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 5:52 PM

MMMMMM,MMMMMMM....MaiTais in the Sparklets machine, and in a Bartiki mug no less!!!!

D
dibroc posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 7:01 PM

Count me in Daddy' O

this sounds fun...mai tais good

On 2007-05-01 17:42, MakeDaMug wrote:
I hope to see a lot of you on the 12th at Mugoomba. If you haven't been to one of our little Mugoomba parties, you're in for a good time! Maybe even you, too can BREAKDAMUG!!

I know a handful of people that will need two of those mugs; one to drink from and one to smash to bits (not in a disrespectful way of course).

Viva La Smash!!!!!

Cool mug Matt.

Where the fuck is mine!!!???

Holden?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Arrrrrrrr!!!!

K

On 2007-05-01 20:06, RevBambooBen wrote:
Cool mug Matt.

Where the fuck is mine!!!???

Holden?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Arrrrrrrr!!!!

Yeah.....what he said!!!!

Arrrrr!!!!

:wink:
K.

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 9:04 PM

Nice mug :D

Finally!!! An event at Mugoomba where I don;t have a soccer game the next morning!!! WooHoo and I will be there!!!! And ready to PARTY!!!!! (We're packing our sleeping bags in the back of my SUV!!!

WoooooooHoooooOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!

T

Damn it! I'm gonna miss this one. I have to go see my Mum for Mother's Day that night. I know it's a day early, but it was either Saturday night or not at all. It's too bad she wouldn't appreciate a tiki mug, otherwise I'd bring her along.

T

Congrats Matt , cool mug you have there. I like your tiki cup too !, Ray

SF

Super cool mug Matt! Congratulations man.
I'll be first in line on the 13th.

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2007-05-03 16:18 ]

Can we bump the start time up to 5 or so.
I got a surf show(Insect Surfers)at Purple Orchid in El Segundo to be at at 9 pm.
:) :roll: :o

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-05-03 18:33 ]

TM

On 2007-05-03 18:33, bigtikidude wrote:
I got a surf show(Insect Surfers)at Purple Orchid in El Segundo to be at at 9 pm.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I defer to MakeDaMug...

U

Matt,
Awesome design, awesome t-shirt, awesome mug... you guys rock!

T

On 2007-05-03 18:33, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Earlier would be nice, Holden. :)

D
dibroc posted on Sat, May 5, 2007 8:02 PM

I just recieved word from Matt and Holden that I can bring the BBQ. I will bring the grill, fuel, tools and the other crap that goes along. I will stop at Cosco pick up something (after a BarTiki Mai Tai it's all good) but play it safe and BYO to toss on the grill.

how about earlier time?
please please please,
I wanna go, but need travel time to get to LAX area by 9 ish,

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

TM

On 2007-05-06 11:01, bigtikidude wrote:
how about earlier time?
please please please,

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Due to some prior commitments, we have to keep the start time at 7pm. Sorry about that, hope you can still make it!

WoooHoooo! 2 More Days :)

On 2007-05-06 11:01, bigtikidude wrote:
how about earlier time?
please please please,

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

BT...Dude! RElax! The Insect Surfers don't go on until 10pm. That gives you plenty o' time to hit Mugoomba, buy a mug, hang with the ohana and still make it to Purple Orchid around 10.

Dude, that is a hell of a drive, especailly not wise after a few Mai Tais.
Maybe, I'll have to see if I can get a loan for the gas money. jeeez all the tiki events and surf shows are killing me just getting to them. Then I gotta buy booze. good thing these events are free....

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2007-05-11 15:36 ]

I can't wait! The official BarTiki mug launch at Mugoomba! And the famous Mai Tai Machine! Wow! This is gonna be one cool event.

What about the squirrels? Or monkeys?

D

sorry people I have to bail out on bringing the grill tonight. hope everyone has a great time and Matt and Paul sell out tonight.

See you all tonight. I will be there a little earlier than anticipated - sorry for the last minute notice but things do change. If some of you want to show up around 6, that'd be fine. I don't anticipate a major turnout as I've purposefully kept this one under the radar due to so many other committments, only doing an email blast just last night further promoting this gig. As Dibroc can't make it now, I'll pick up some hot dogs & hot dog fixin's. We've got a little mini grill there but if Matt can fit his Weber into his suv, he'll bring it. We'll serve up the Mai Tai's in Don Ho Suck 'em Up's which you can take away with you for free.
Holden

T

If it helps, I will gladly BringDaGrill.

Just let me know!

TM

Yo Tron,
If you could bring the grill, that'd be great! Gimme a call and let me know (562)212-2846. If I don't here from you I'll try to fit my grill in the SUV....Thanks, Matt

im gonna probably go but I,ll need to bring my Daughter doin the Baby sitter thing tonight.

On 2007-05-12 15:06, TronTiki wrote:

Just let me know!

hey thanks for that offer but I just ordered up a big tray of Hawaiian Puka dogs with Bango Mango sauce so we're covered in the protein & fruit department!

TM

On 2007-05-12 15:25, MakeDaMug wrote:

On 2007-05-12 15:06, TronTiki wrote:

Just let me know!

hey thanks for that offer but I just ordered up a big tray of Hawaiian Puka dogs with Bango Mango sauce so we're covered in the protein & fruit department!

MakeDaMug is da man! Mmmm....Puka Dogs! Thanks mang...MJV

T

He is totally Da Man! He MakesDaMugs, MixesDaMaiTai, CatersDaLuau...

Thanks Holden and Matt. I had a really good time last night. Got the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. Mug folks are such fun.

The Original Mack Tiki Daddy

Daves Not Home screwing with Ruzik

Thanks to everyone that came out! Especially Holden, those dawgs are da bomb!

Mucho Mahalos to Holden for opening up Mugoomba last night and to BarTiki for letting us have the first opportunity to buy their new mug. The Puka Dogs and Mai Tais were Tiki-licious.

T

Holden,

Mahalo for the fantastic mug-launch party, Mai Tais, mugs, Don Ho glasses, and fascinating behind-the-scenes stories.

Mahalo to Tiki-Kate for the photo and Hawaii/mug collecting stories and to fellow Plumeria enthusiasts for the advice. We had a phenomenal time!

Sorry I missed it, Mothers Day weekend & all, anyone break a mug?? next time BreakDaMug see ya there!!!

Pages: 1 38 replies