Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Knott's Berry Farm lecture

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Hi all -

I will be giving a lecture for the Crescenta Valley Historical Society this month, in preparation for my upcoming book "Knott's Preserves". May 21, 7pm - at the La Cresenta Valley Church of Religious Science...

T

Just a reminder - next Monday, May 21st at
7pm for the La Crescenta Historical Society. Admission is free, but I've invited
quite a few people, so I would try & get there early. The address is 4845 Dunsmore
Ave., La Crescenta, CA. 91214 It should be fun - I will be showing slides &
rare film footage....

Hope to see you there!

Tangaroa,

Wish I could be there for this presentation. My grandmother's house was literally blocks away from Knott's Berry Farm and I spent many, many weekends in the days of my youth there. Way before they charged you to get in!

My great-grandmother used to say "the hippies ruined it for everyone"! I am posting some pics of the items I have saved and collected over the years...can't seem to locate all of it right now though. I loved it there! I do wish I had some of the twisted animals and such from Jungle island though. My great uncle even helped build Independence Hall. I really liked the train shop (put a quarter in the box and watch the trains run around the loop on in the rafters) and the vintage arcade games and music boxes. The seal pool and the chicken that played the piano were really cool too! Even after they start charging to get in you could still go to Ghost Town or across the street to the Independence Hall side for free!

Some, but not all of my Knott's Berry Farm memorabilia!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and was at Jungle Island)!

T

Cool collection!

Pages: 1 3 replies